Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

2.7L oil drain plug

Old 11-02-2008, 09:26 PM   #21
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

350TacoZilla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 350TacoZilla
yeah but if your so lazy you want a valve on your oil pan so you dont have to un-screw the bolt...then why would you want to unbolt a skid plate to turn the valve.. he had all the stock skids installed but they had enough room for a little stick to poke through
Old 01-27-2009, 01:57 AM   #22
Tacoma Dad is on a distinguished road
Tacoma Dad's Tacoma Gallery
Here is an old trick before putting back the plug; put a dab of grease in the bottom few threads of the plug. Not too much and it'll seal. No need to buy new gaskets or sealer.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:13 AM   #23
96Tacoma4x4 is on a distinguished road

96Tacoma4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I've done all my oil changes since I got my truck new and I've never replaced the washer and it's never leaked. Just don't over tighten it is what I say.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:16 AM   #24
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
I took mine to walmart one time and on my next oil change I discovered no gasket on the screw .

I just figured whatever, it didn't leak without it... I might go pick one up for my next oil change...
Old 01-27-2009, 11:29 AM   #25
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
I took mine to walmart one time and on my next oil change I discovered no gasket on the screw .

I just figured whatever, it didn't leak without it... I might go pick one up for my next oil change...
Pick one up. Its there for a reason.
And what the hell is the matter with you, going to Wally World for an oil change??????
Old 01-27-2009, 11:32 AM   #26
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Pick one up. Its there for a reason.
And what the hell is the matter with you, going to Wally World for an oil change??????

I didn't have time to do it myself....
I'll add one next change,
I've been thinking about getting the 10 pack of filters from the dealer they're like $4 each that way, i'll get them then
Old 01-27-2009, 11:34 AM   #27
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I didn't have time to do it myself....
I'll add one next change,
I've been thinking about getting the 10 pack of filters from the dealer they're like $4 each that way, i'll get them then
Didnt have time????
Old 01-27-2009, 11:37 AM   #28

TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Didnt have time????

Yea well at least I'm not a big dick!!!!
Old 01-27-2009, 01:51 PM   #29

Quote:
Yea well at least I'm not a big dick!!!!
BAH! Yes you are!