Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Plow questions..single cab 4 banger

Old 02-21-2013, 07:37 AM   #21
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbadwrench View Post
Now that my curiosity is up, I went over to plowsite.com (big plow guys tech site) to search for airbag deployment reports. I found ONE, but it's pretty credible. Guy posted a picture. He had an F-150 with a Boss V plow on it (Really? A V plow on a 150? lol) and he hit a water meter box and his airbags deployed. However he didn't say how fast he was going...

http://www.plowsite.com/archive/index.php/t-112391.html

As one commenter says:

So I guess I retract my statement that it is IMPOSSIBLE to set off airbags from plowing. But I stand by my original statement that if you DO set off your airbags, you were probably going too fast
Having one of those plows that hinge in the center to make a V makes more sense on a smaller vehicle since they don't have the mass to push large amounts of snow. The V-plows make a lot of sense to have on a small vehicle trying to break trail in deep, heavy snow. What always makes me laugh is those country plows (the ones with the one side swept up to throw the snow) on a small ATV.

As far as the air bag, that would make sense. If you hit something solid going fast enough, it shouldn't matter if you have a plow in front of you or not. If the vehicle comes to a stop fast enough, it should deploy the air bags.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #22
Brandy is on a distinguished road
Brandy's Tacoma Gallery
does anyone know if this fisher plow would be good for my 2011 Tacoma. Off of 2006 Tacoma. 7'4 fisher plow electric over hydraulic fully power angle.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:44 AM   #23
merkman has a spectacular aura aboutmerkman has a spectacular aura about
merkman's Tacoma Gallery
The Fisher website has a plow/truck match system and our trucks will handle either the 6'8" or the 7'4". Likely the frame members are a fit too, but no guarantee there. There could be some differences there.