Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Greetings fellow Taco lovers

Old 02-07-2009, 12:48 PM   #1
toyowoolfy is on a distinguished road
Army: UNIVERSAL POG SNUFFER
toyowoolfy's Tacoma Gallery
Cool Greetings fellow Taco lovers

Alright boys&girls I'm requesting all the advice/reference I can get. I've got an image in my head, and am laying the groundwork for a front to
back, top to bottom overhaul on my TOY. Up to now it has been my
daily driver and I've no complaints. It has its basic needs, but I've got
more in mind than that. I'm thinking about a custom suspension, specifically one that swaps the rear leafs for twin coils, on the front a
custom replacement that may incorporate non-oem coils with overtravel
capability being the obj. I'm not trying to build a rock crawler, or a live chassis jumping monster. This thing will wind up on 32/33s max, I place a premium on center of gravity and trail handling not photo sex appeal. While I'm down there the push button locking diff. is something that I'm
interested in, but I'd like to hear from the horses mouth what it's worth,
I could always go detroit and make it a full time locker. Last but by no means least I want to add a turbo(3RZ-FE). My aim is not to blow the motor for the hell of it, my main obj is to make gains in fuel efficiency+the
lil extra power that will undoubtedly come as a byproduct. I know I'll have
to address the fuel delivery/management issues. The plumbing for the turbo and put the thing on rollers for a proper tune at the end. Any help would be appreciated. If I had it to do over, yes I'd probably have taken
the six. But trust me when I say that I love that I4. (BULLETPROOF)
Old 02-07-2009, 01:30 PM   #3
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Can't help you as I have an 06, but Welcome to TW
Old 02-07-2009, 02:00 PM   #4
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
welcome man.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:04 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to Tacoma World!

Your gonna need to do some custom fabbing to get the suspension you want. For the boost, why not a Supercharger? Alpine developments makes an M62 blower for your truck, and it performs pretty good. Easy install, and minor fuel mods, and its done.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:41 PM   #6
toyowoolfy is on a distinguished road
Army: UNIVERSAL POG SNUFFER
toyowoolfy's Tacoma Gallery
muchas gracias

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Chris thanks for the word,
man that's exactly what I'm looking for. Forced air is pretty much
gonna be the same for me and my intent. I'll definitly check em out
pronto. I'm no engineer, but I can mill, turn, grind, and burn just about
anything they want. As for the suspension and other such components
I'm looking for anyone that has done it or had it done, no sense reinventing the wheel. I was actually thinking that twin coils, one
primary, one possibly floating(to handle heavy loads in the bed)
might be possible. The leafs are good enough, no doubt, but with out
a load in the bed the rear bounces like a featherweight. Thanks again.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:12 AM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Keep in mind that better rear shocks will help keep the rear in check.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:17 AM   #9
BioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant future
BioMed80's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome and good luck with the build. Sorry, I can't really help with advice on it.