Notices

really need some help with my 2.4l

Old 02-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
ssimmons9 is on a distinguished road
EMS: Paramedic
Name: Shawn
ssimmons9's Tacoma Gallery
really need some help with my 2.4l

Alright guys, i know im gonna get ragged on for wanting to do this to my 2004 2.4l 5 lug regular cab, but i want to do a 6 inch suspension lift,with 35 inch tires, re gear, put an ARB air locker in the back. but my only problem is i cant find a 6 inch suspension lift for my truck, i believe the biggest i found was 4 inches and then maybe i could do a 2 inch body which i dont want to do but anyways im a total noob when it comes to all of this , its just something i want to do. any advice or input would mean alot because im lost
Old 02-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #2
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Here is the first ragging.
Dumb idea to lift a 5-lugger. Even dumber to lift it so much.
Sell it and get a prerunner or 4x4.

I don't think they even make lockers for your diff. Might be able to
find a LSD for it though. This would improve your offroad traction,
and would be the only mod you've mentioned that makes sense.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #3
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Ive seen people build bad ass long travel 5 luggers. 4" wouldn't look bad and the 35"s would look beef on there.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #4
zbaldo has a spectacular aura aboutzbaldo has a spectacular aura about

Name: Ozzy
zbaldo's Tacoma Gallery
That may be long travel but what he wants isn't long travel
Old 02-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #5
zbaldo has a spectacular aura aboutzbaldo has a spectacular aura about

Name: Ozzy
zbaldo's Tacoma Gallery
Anyways that engine may be not be enough for what your asking
Old 02-14-2013, 10:08 AM   #6
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbaldo View Post
That may be long travel but what he wants isn't long travel
I know this but i was making the point that its as much a capable platform as any.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #7

OP you can re-gear to get the loss of power back.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:25 PM   #8
thanks guys, what is a long travel? and would be able to fit 35's under a 4 inch lift? and yeah i planned on re gearing, ill put a picture up of my truck so you guys know what im working with here. thanks for all the advice, im trying to learn all that I can
Old 02-15-2013, 01:48 PM   #9

If youve ever seen the baja 1000 or 500 or a trophy truck they have extended control arms and leaf spring/ links with extended travel to provide for a smoother ride while going fast in the desert.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #10
ok cool i know exactly what you mean now, is that the only way i would be able to lift it that high is by doing a long travel with different fenders. I mean my grand dad gave me the truck so dont want to see it go, i was just wanting to make it more my style by lifting and whatnot but its looking like that cant happen
Old 02-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #11

Nah you can shove bigger tires on there with a lift. Some people trim the fenders and other put smaller fiber glass fenders to help clear. Im not sure how big of a lift you need to go for 35's on your gen truck but I was able to get 35's with fenders on my truck with my c/os set around 3"