Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Vibration while accelerating through 1,600

Old 02-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #1
MajorMalfunction is on a distinguished road
MajorMalfunction's Tacoma Gallery
Vibration while accelerating through 1,600

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post; I registered so I could post this. My problem started about a month ago and seems to be getting worse. When I'm accelerating at a low speed, usually through 1,600 RPM, I hear this high pitched rattle/vibration that sounds like it's coming from the right rear side of the vehicle. I climbed around underneath looking for anything that was loose, but couldn't find anything.

You can hear the noise here.
I accidentally saved it sans-video, but that's not the point.

If anyone has an idea of what is causing this, I would greatly appreciate input.

Thanks,
Major
Old 03-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
eeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud of
eeberleeber's Tacoma Gallery
Check the heat shields on your catalytic converters. I had a bolt rust out on one side of the rear cat shield and would get a consistent BRRRRRAP at the same RPM everytime I revved past it.

BTW, those big mambo tires are the sheeit.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #3
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if you tried shifting at a higher rpm, so you end up in the next gear over 2000rpm. Your vibration might be engine lugging, then in turn shaking something.Is it only in 1st for example, or any gear.