Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

anyone running 235/85/16's?

Old 03-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #1
singlecoil is on a distinguished road
singlecoil's Tacoma Gallery
anyone running 235/85/16's?

Hello all, I've got a 2009 4x4 access cab 4 cylinder 5 speed.. I decided to leave it stock until it was paid for and now is the time to start upgrading. First thing is tires. I'm thinking that taller but narrow is the way to go with the 4 banger fuel economy and power wise and I want some advice on if this size will fit a stock suspension without any issues? Also if you are using this size which tire are you using? I hunt regularly but also use this truck as my everyday driver so I'm looking for a lighter load range tire as most of these I've found are LT's e range and I'd like to keep somewhat of the ride it has now. Maybe a c range tire? I also plan to put billy 5100 shocks on but probably set at 0. Any suggestions and advice will be much appreciated.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds good, I'm fairly certain you could fit a 235/85 on stock, but why not go with a 255/75? You'll lose an inch but it won't look bad at all IMO. I've never seen a 235/85 on a taco btw.

The 5100s are a good choice, lots of members running them without issues. If you wanted more of a front lift, all you would have to do is bump up the retaining ring up a notch.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Check the similar threads in the bottom left side of the screen

V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
Old 03-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #4
Tommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tommy
Tommy27's Tacoma Gallery
I have 235 85 Cooper AT3s and I love the tire and the size. Able to keep up with my buddys 4Runner with duratracs. And they are much quieter on the highway. They hurt your gas milage in the city about 2mpg. On the highway (60mph) I get 25mpg!! Im running those tires in my sig pic.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #5
singlecoil is on a distinguished road
singlecoil's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for posting the pics guys, I think they look great! Now I'm looking at the BFG Rugged Terrains as they are the lightest 235/85/r16 LT rated I can find. Right at 40lbs and supposedly not too much road noise and good hwy and off road manners! What do you guys think?
Old 03-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #6
TacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tony
TacoTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecoil View Post
Thanks for posting the pics guys, I think they look great! Now I'm looking at the BFG Rugged Terrains as they are the lightest 235/85/r16 LT rated I can find. Right at 40lbs and supposedly not too much road noise and good hwy and off road manners! What do you guys think?
I think those are a good tires, I was thinking about getting some but in a 285
Old 03-10-2013, 02:03 PM   #7
EatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EatMyTacomaDust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
I run 235/85/16 BFG KM2's. ran them on stock suspension as well. Sometimes i wish they were better for DD duty as they can be a bit loud and rough, but when i get off the pavement, there is no other tire i would rather have under my truck. a big turn off for most is the looks. they arent terrible to me.

Looks Great! Thinking about running this size tire. Love your location of your CB antenna.

Thanks for the pics.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:15 AM   #8
RogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud of
Firefighter: Deputy Chief
RogerRZ's Tacoma Gallery
In the white season, I run Michelin Winter LTX, in the tall and skinny size:

The next set of Summer tires I put on will be in that size also.