1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What would you do with $1300-1500?

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by 1stgenpre, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Mar 7, 2013 at 9:30 PM
    1stgenpre

1stgenpre [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kathy
    Foothills of NC
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab Sport Speedway Blue
    Tint, shorty antenna, custom bedside decals, Weather Tech mats, undercover bed cover, Wet Okole seat covers, TRD shift knob, 3 inch lift, Level 8 MK 6 wheels in matte black, BFG A/Ts 285/70/17, LED bed lights by tacodane, nfab steps, salex organizer, bed extender, pioneer head unit, satoshi grill, tacoma trucks sunshade, more to come...
    Just added another Tacoma to the family. Found a 2009 Regular Cab SR5 4wd with 24k miles so I snatched it up quick. I just bought Weathertechs for it and plan on tint, fogs, satoshi, and a few other little cheap mods.

My question for all of you with the regular cabs is what would you do with approximately $13-1500 for all terrain tires, wheels, and a small lift? I have read through thread after thread and looked at tons of pictures but I have come up with very little as a decision on what to buy. I know exactly what I want to do with my 2011 Dbl Cab Sport, and know exactly what to buy....but when it comes to the 4 cylinder I draw a blank. The stock rims are pretty bad and I thought of maybe painting them black to save some money but I can't say that's my favorite option. Also, I am a little concerned about putting too big of a tire on the 4 banger. I was thinking a 255/75 maybe? I will not be regearing, so from what I have read this shouldn't be too much for it correct?

A lot of you guys have some sweet single cabs on here so I'm hoping you can help. It won't be used for any serious offroading if that helps.

Tires are a definite must for this truck...the ones on it have some life left but they look a little rough. I found some Raceline Raptors at a decent deal on ebay as well that I like. Should I stick with the 16 inch rim size, upgrade or downgrade? I have a friend who said to put 15 inch on it with 31x10.50's but I don't know if that will even work or look decent.

Getting frustrated so any help would be great. The budget above is my absolute max....and would prefer closer to the $1300 mark if possible.

Thanks for any advice.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Mar 7, 2013 at 11:16 PM
    TheGloryFades

TheGloryFades Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    '13 toaster
    15's won't work on a second gen 6 lug. I run 265/75/16's on my second Gen reg cab. I would love 255/85's but don't want to lose any power /mpgs.

3. Mar 13, 2013 at 6:34 PM
    Poodle Head Mikey

Poodle Head Mikey Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma standard
    utility cap, ladder rack, frame hitch, sliding bed
    With that kind of money to spend I'd be thinking real hard towards some young Puerto Rican hookers for the weekend. But hey; that's just me. <g>

PHM
    -------

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Mar 13, 2013 at 8:11 PM
    alwaysfaded

alwaysfaded Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    So. Cal.
    Vehicle:
    08 Black taco, 5 spd.
    blacked out tint, k&n drop in, removed secondary filter, kenwood 7" touchscreen, 12" memphis audio sub, 1000 watt amp, Alpine type R conponets
    So you have a pre-runner or 4x4 reg cab? My reg cab is a 5 lugger

5. Mar 13, 2013 at 10:15 PM
    2004TacomaSR5

2004TacomaSR5 Nemesis Prime

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DCSB & 1980 Toyota Pickup 4WD
    Tacoma is stock and staying that way, Pickup is TBA as of now.
  6. Apr 4, 2013 at 12:14 AM
    1stgenpre

1stgenpre [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kathy
    Foothills of NC
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab Sport Speedway Blue
    Tint, shorty antenna, custom bedside decals, Weather Tech mats, undercover bed cover, Wet Okole seat covers, TRD shift knob, 3 inch lift, Level 8 MK 6 wheels in matte black, BFG A/Ts 285/70/17, LED bed lights by tacodane, nfab steps, salex organizer, bed extender, pioneer head unit, satoshi grill, tacoma trucks sunshade, more to come...
    Hey guys, ended up going with the Raceline Raptors with 265/75/16 BFG ATs...installing a leveling kit this weekend. Looks great for what I need. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365059635.808447.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1365059646.905870.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top