Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

swapping spark plugs, oops moment

Old 03-09-2013, 11:28 PM   #1
jacobigindi is a jewel in the roughjacobigindi is a jewel in the roughjacobigindi is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jacob
jacobigindi's Tacoma Gallery
swapping spark plugs, oops moment

Hey everyone, so today I swapped out my spark plugs for the first time and on the 4 bangers you have to remove the intake to get to the coils and plugs. I'm a bit of a noob and so I was trying to free up the connections on the intake from the wrong side. (basically, you have to flip the intake over to get it out of the way, and i was trying to free up some connections to get it to flip in what I didn't yet realize was the wrong direction)
Anyway, I accidentally removed this part in the picture and this slightly pressurized fluid started to leak. I immediately put it back in its place, and am now wondering what exactly was leaking and does it need to be refilled somehow.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:30 PM   #2
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-09-2013, 11:30 PM   #3
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
i don't see any pics
EDIT: cody beat me
Old 03-09-2013, 11:37 PM   #4
jacobigindi is a jewel in the roughjacobigindi is a jewel in the roughjacobigindi is a jewel in the rough

sorry about that. i put em in photobucket. howbout now?
Old 03-09-2013, 11:38 PM   #5
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
all good now
Old 03-09-2013, 11:38 PM   #6
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a vacuum line to me? No clamps. Looks like going to air intake? I'm not very familiar with 4 cyl though.

edit: FSM points to vacuum line as far as I can tell.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:45 PM   #7
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
Looks like a vacuum line to me? No clamps. Looks like going to air intake? I'm not very familiar with 4 cyl though.
im not familiar with the 4 cyl at all either, but the only thing i can think of that would be pressurized fluid at the intake would be a fuel pressure regulator?
Old 03-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
im not familiar with the 4 cyl at all either, but the only thing i can think of that would be pressurized fluid at the intake would be a fuel pressure regulator?
so if it is, it should just regain pressure on its own right? IIRC, the fluid did smell a bit like gasoline.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #9
cdk has a spectacular aura aboutcdk has a spectacular aura about
Name: Chris
cdk's Tacoma Gallery
yea, that looks like a fuel pressure regulator. is there another hose connected to it?
just clean up any residual fuel, make sure the connection is tight, and you should be ok.
it should regain pressure when you cycle the key or start the truck.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:18 AM   #10
ecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ecoterragaia's Tacoma Gallery
I think that it's part of the EVAP system, probably the purge valve. As long as you reconnect it there shouldn't be any issues.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #11
JEA86 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeremy
JEA86's Tacoma Gallery
pretty sure thats a Vac. advanced Fuel pressure regulator, you may have a slight hesitation upon first startup of the truck but you will have no problems. just make sure its tight and the vac. hose remains connected
Old 03-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #12
JayC06 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
JayC06's Tacoma Gallery
I did the same thing yesterday. But nothing came out when I removed that hose.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #13
cdk has a spectacular aura aboutcdk has a spectacular aura about
Name: Chris
cdk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayC06 View Post
I did the same thing yesterday. But nothing came out when I removed that hose.
nothing should come out when just that hose is disconnected.
only when that bolt is removed and the part pulled from the fuel rail should any liquid come out.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #14
whiptastic handling
FoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud of

Army: E-3
Name: Shamus
FoundOffRoadDead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdk View Post
nothing should come out when just that hose is disconnected.
only when that bolt is removed and the part pulled from the fuel rail should any liquid come out.
x2