Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Idle issues

Old 03-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
jrbauserman is on a distinguished road
jrbauserman's Tacoma Gallery
Idle issues

Hey everyone my 97 2.7L has 277000 miles and I recently am experiencing a high idle. It is only about 200-300 RPMs high but has not done this before. I have cleaned my Mass Airflow Sensor with the proper spray and also searched for vacuume leaks with no luck. I drive 24 miles each day on a rough dirt road so if it is possible Im sure its dirty and been bounced around on my truck. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 03-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #2
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Search harder for vac line leaks, and cracks in the intake hoses. Use MAF cleaner as a leak detector. The idle will change when you spray near a leak.
Use MAF cleaner on the throttle body. Clean the IAC: http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/more...208&cc=1278985
If it gets gummed up, it won't work right. Cleaning is a diagnostic tool. Do one at a time to see which caused the idle problem. If it's the IAC, order a new one. Cleaning only buys you a little time till it fouls again.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #3
jrbauserman is on a distinguished road
jrbauserman's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the info

Ill try to clean my throtel body and IAC, someone else mentioned that to me. Do you know what I should use to clean it? Im thinking a spray can of some kind of throtel body cleaner. Do I clean it while running or not? Or should I remove it to clean it? I will also continue to look for vacuume leaks.