Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

still having problems with my idle

Old 03-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
jrbauserman is on a distinguished road
jrbauserman's Tacoma Gallery
still having problems with my idle

Ok so my 97 2.7L with 277,000 mi. idles high. I took off the throttle body and cleaned it including removing the IAC which did not look bad. The ilde is about 300-400RPMS high. the coolant level is good but I was thinking about replacing the temp sensor anyway the part is much cheaper than an IAC valve. When I had the throttle body off there was a large amount of carbon just inside the intake where there is a port to the EGR valve. I cleaned that out also with no change in idle. anyone have any suggestions? I really do not want to throw a $160 IAC valve at if im only guessig. If I know that will fix it I have no problem doing it.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
Rackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kevin
Rackster's Tacoma Gallery
Was this something that was gradual or literally on the next startup?
Old 03-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #3
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Sticky throttle cable or misadjusted cable stop maybe.
Also I had a ford stuck in closed loop cycle or such, had to get some egr stuff fixed too, you might need to do more there.