Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

4 cylinder power

Old 03-19-2013, 08:39 PM   #21
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Precisely, test drive both. I was set on a single cab second gen, until I drove a couple. I wasn't personally pleased. Then I found an old 93 Pickup, and while it had less horsepower its also lighter and much peppier and fun to drive. It's all on you and your taste, no one else's.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:05 AM   #22
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
I say hell no especially if you want an access cab. Granted I live way up there - 8650 feet - but I test drove one and it was gutless. Had to drop it into 3rd to keep 50mph going up the canyon at 7000 feet on a 6-8% grade. Notice that some of the people telling you it'll be fine have 97 and 99 Tacos. But the 2nd gen is a bigger truck. Regular cab might be fine as it's (I believe) 500 lbs lighter than the access cab. Like others said, take both for a test drive on some hills if you can.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:55 PM   #23
Cars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carson
Cars0n`'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Cars0n`
with the relatively small upsize in tires, my 4cyl auto is garbage. 235/75 rather then 215/70 from factory

hate how when in cruise control even on flat highways it cant accelerate without shifting. anyyyyy incline and its hunting for gears, not the most impressive mileage for a 4 cyl either. its possible to keep the rpm somewhat stable if your not using cruise but your always right in the point just before it shifts, leaning into it like that cant be good for economy. i cant deal with the slow lane so im a little heavy into the pedal anyways, but even still it shouldnt preform like it does. for the love of christ do not get the auto 4 speed trans.

ps im at ~2400 ft