Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Viable Transmission Swaps?

Old 03-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
hacklerjason is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
hacklerjason's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to hacklerjason Send a message via MSN to hacklerjason Send a message via Yahoo to hacklerjason Send a message via Skype™ to hacklerjason
Viable Transmission Swaps?

I have an R155 in my 2012... what are viable trans swaps in this model? looks for something more refined... not digging the trans and kuh-klunk on a brand new trans... i have an appt on tues for them to tell me its "normal" and "tech couldnt duplicate fault"... the general consensus is that it is normal... well i dont like it... i have had many high mileage vehicles(160000+) and they all shifted better at their age than my truck does brand new. so im looking to swap, what is possible? yota gurus please help...
Old 03-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #2
I bring the feel goods w/a heavy load of sarcasm
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
You should video tape some drives to catch it so when you take it in you have proof and they can make a note. Then if it becomes a problem down the road, let say out of warranty, the problem was seen in warranty and will be fixed/replaced and the cost will be on the toyota.

Seems like a trans swap on a brand new truck would be more of a hassle then it's worth, both time and output wise, not to mention what warranties it could void.

Other than that i have nothing else for you, sorry.