1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Viable Transmission Swaps?

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by hacklerjason, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Mar 24, 2013 at 4:54 PM
    hacklerjason

hacklerjason [OP] hACKman's Customs

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Ewa Beach, HI
    Vehicle:
    2016 Chevy Colorado Duramax Turbo Diesel
    BajaKits UCA King 2.5 Extended Travel Remote Reservoir, Compression Adjustable (Front) King 2.5 Piggyback Reservoir, Compression Adjustable (Rear) American Racing AR910, Gloss Black PC
    I have an R155 in my 2012... what are viable trans swaps in this model? looks for something more refined... not digging the trans and kuh-klunk on a brand new trans... i have an appt on tues for them to tell me its "normal" and "tech couldnt duplicate fault"... the general consensus is that it is normal... well i dont like it... i have had many high mileage vehicles(160000+) and they all shifted better at their age than my truck does brand new. so im looking to swap, what is possible? yota gurus please help...

2. Mar 24, 2013 at 4:58 PM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast
    You should video tape some drives to catch it so when you take it in you have proof and they can make a note. Then if it becomes a problem down the road, let say out of warranty, the problem was seen in warranty and will be fixed/replaced and the cost will be on the toyota.

Seems like a trans swap on a brand new truck would be more of a hassle then it's worth, both time and output wise, not to mention what warranties it could void.

Other than that i have nothing else for you, sorry.

Products Discussed in

To Top