Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Next Purchase

Old 03-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #1
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
Next Purchase

Doing some thinking on lunch today as far as the next (for a while). my 05 2.7 turned 100K today (see one of the below posts i made)

i'm up in the air as far as next mod. since i'm planning and saving for my wedding next year i got cash for one more mod for probably another year or so. obviously, i want the taco to have a little more punch. My 265 70 16 tires are going to wear out by the end of the summer and i plan to replace them with 265 75 16s (hankook dynapro P rated so the weight will be kept to a minimum) Torn between these 2 mods

1. LCE header
2. Konig Countersteers or SCS F5 wheels.

i know people say the wheels won't add hp, but they will significantly reduce the rolling mass of the wheels. a performance guy told me that 1lb of unsprung or rotational weight is = to 6 or 7lbs. The stock wheels weight 29ish lbs, the light weight wheels i'm looking at weigh 19 lbs, thats a savings of 10 lbs per wheel right there. so according to the performance shop guy, it will feel like i've taken out 240lbs from the truck. won't set any land speed records, but should feel better. the bigger tires weigh 2 lbs more than what i have now so that will add some back, but not killer.

Not sure where my money is better spent...keeping the stock wheels and adding the LCE header or keeping the stock header and adding the aftermarket wheels with the new tires. ideally id like to do both, but its just not going to be feasible for a while.

thoughts?
Old 03-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #2
rickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
rickcrna's Tacoma Gallery
Forget the mods....your money is better spent on the wedding and investing the rest for growth.

Just a thought....
Old 03-25-2013, 04:08 PM   #3
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
well i was going to do both this year, but after discussing it with the fiance we both agreed that i pick one and the rest goes to the wedding etc...

she'll be a good wife lol
Old 03-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #4
rickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
rickcrna's Tacoma Gallery
She'll be an even better wife and partner when she realizes you are not going to waste money decorating your truck with mods, but instead put those funds to more productive uses.

Wise money management counts....
Old 03-25-2013, 07:04 PM   #5
alright lets rephrase this...

To keep the thread on track and not discuss my financial managements

best bang for the buck LCE header or lightweight wheels?
Old 03-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #6
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Wheels.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:46 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post
Wheels.
you say wheels based on aesthetics or that the lighter wheels will benefit the "performance" of the truck better than the LCE header?
Old 03-26-2013, 06:06 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
She'll be a good wife

Mine did the same thing, my last mod was a set of BAMF sliders in the Black Friday GB, then saving for the wedding. Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I have nothing productive to add to your debate