Name: Alanīs
Alan Gomez's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma 2.7 Turbo

good morning.

I have a Tacoma 2006 2.7 regular cab.

I wish I had more power the engine.

This turbo are selling on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-GM-CHEV...ht_8087wt_1018

maybe I can install it and work it in good condition?.

I will have a good performance.

I hope they can help.

greetings,
Old 04-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
iroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iroh's Tacoma Gallery
Kit relies on an FPR for 'fuel management.' There won't be much running in good condition after a few thousand miles of that.

FPRs were considered a band-aid even fifteen years ago.

Cheap chinese snails aren't really known for longevity either.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #4
Alan Gomez is on a distinguished road
then do they think that if it works? and could install?

with the reservation that may decompose the snail in a little time?

greetings and thanks.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #5
I'm different, in a different way
franzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
franzcars's Tacoma Gallery
That kit only solves half of the problem. You'd have to get a manifold made, get it tuned, route all the tubing and a bunch of other stuff. Plus the internals could most likly not handle the boost
Old 04-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #7
Alan Gomez is on a distinguished road
I had already looked the URD kits,

however, the price is very expensive
Old 04-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #8
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gomez View Post
I had already looked the URD kits,

however, the price is very expensive
Cheaper than replacing your engine because you strapped a Chinese turbo "kit" to it and blew it up.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #9
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Found OZ boost, European, or auzzy kit. Has down pipe and turbo mani for 800. Full kit on 8lbs with unichip is 3099. Trying to check the differences between the 2tr and 2ltr motors to verify that the downpipe and mani will work.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #10
EatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EatMyTacomaDust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Cheaper than replacing your engine because you strapped a Chinese turbo "kit" to it and blew it up.
Now come on, there's at least a 7% chance his engine won't blow.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #11
Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BRENDEN
Brendo Ballz808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Dammit View Post
Found OZ boost, European, or auzzy kit. Has down pipe and turbo mani for 800. Full kit on 8lbs with unichip is 3099. Trying to check the differences between the 2tr and 2ltr motors to verify that the downpipe and mani will work.
I saw that today I just wonder if they be able to run the intercooler in the front cuz we don't got scoops to suck in cool air hmmm..... I wonder
Old 08-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #12
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo Ballz808 View Post
I saw that today I just wonder if they be able to run the intercooler in the front cuz we don't got scoops to suck in cool air hmmm..... I wonder
You can buy a scooped hood, but yeah you can run a front mount without issue
Old 02-17-2014, 06:50 PM   #13
AlexHermsen is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
AlexHermsen's Tacoma Gallery
Can someone send a link to that euro company? also are they ok to have in Cali?
Old 02-18-2014, 06:59 AM   #14
Peanut butter mini time

Guess I should post these up in here. Turbo manifolds, all with T3 collectors that fit the 2tr head.

Tube header

Log Header

Cast Turbo Manifold
Old 02-18-2014, 09:41 AM   #15
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Popcorn View Post

this is the only way I'd go...
Old 02-18-2014, 10:16 AM   #16
Peanut butter mini time

can go turbo for cheaper......as much as I want URD's kit the price kills me and I can get greater numbers out of turbo.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:28 PM   #17
yesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really nice

yesmar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
there is tons of room for an intercooler behind the grill or bumper, just takes some extra piping.

Id love to turbo charge my truck. op get the manifold and dump pipe from here, you don't want to cheap out on that.
http://www.ozboost.com.au/shop.php
if you want to get some cheap turbo kit from ebay to experiment until you know exactly what size, and how your going to go about tuning it.,that's fine just know it wont last long. The turbo wont kill the engine, the tuning will.
turboing a 4cyl isn't extremely difficult.
here's a good watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUKgKtMXec8
get a manual boost controller. the 2.7 is a utilitarian brick, you shouldn't have too many problems with the stock fueling and tune as long as you keep your boost low(below 7psi) until you figure out all the details.

OP, do you have experience working on turbo charged cars? I only ask because its pretty common knowledge to stay away from ebay for stuff like this.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:13 PM   #18
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Dammit View Post
Guess I should post these up in here. Turbo manifolds, all with T3 collectors that fit the 2tr head.

Tube header

Log Header

Cast Turbo Manifold
Ummm phil you better start fabbing one up for me chop chop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmar View Post
there is tons of room for an intercooler behind the grill or bumper, just takes some extra piping.

Id love to turbo charge my truck. op get the manifold and dump pipe from here, you don't want to cheap out on that.
http://www.ozboost.com.au/shop.php
if you want to get some cheap turbo kit from ebay to experiment until you know exactly what size, and how your going to go about tuning it.,that's fine just know it wont last long. The turbo wont kill the engine, the tuning will.
turboing a 4cyl isn't extremely difficult.
here's a good watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUKgKtMXec8
get a manual boost controller. the 2.7 is a utilitarian brick, you shouldn't have too many problems with the stock fueling and tune as long as you keep your boost low(below 7psi) until you figure out all the details.

OP, do you have experience working on turbo charged cars? I only ask because its pretty common knowledge to stay away from ebay for stuff like this.
Yeah I actually tried contacting OZ boost via emai lwith no response in the last 3 months I liked the numbers it put out for the price. If anything I rather take their kit and run plumbing to a front intercooler like URD. I actually had asked them in the email if they would be able to do so and mentioned how many guys here with Tacomas would love it if they could mount the intercooler up front. If they did it Im sure the hilux is pretty much same clearance up front but then again their motor is slightly different due to the right hand drive
Old 02-19-2014, 06:20 AM   #19
Peanut butter mini time

Quote:
Ummm phil you better start fabbing one up for me chop chop!

Yeah I actually tried contacting OZ boost via emai lwith no response in the last 3 months I liked the numbers it put out for the price. If anything I rather take their kit and run plumbing to a front intercooler like URD. I actually had asked them in the email if they would be able to do so and mentioned how many guys here with Tacomas would love it if they could mount the intercooler up front. If they did it Im sure the hilux is pretty much same clearance up front but then again their motor is slightly different due to the right hand drive
The motor they used was a 2tlr, do not know what the difference is. I contacted them with no response as well. So OZ boost is probably never going to transpire. Plus the turbo manifold did not look all that impressive. You better start sending me some coin there B
Old 02-19-2014, 07:49 PM   #20

What kine coin you like milk chocolate gold wrapped coins I get hahah