Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

5 lug taco lift

Old 02-16-2009, 12:10 AM   #1
Taco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Dependent, pops was a Major
Name: Alex
Taco505's Tacoma Gallery
5 lug taco lift

Does anyone know where i can find a good 3" lift for a 5 lug taco?
Old 02-16-2009, 09:12 AM   #2
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
Is this close enough?

http://readylift.com/c-107-tacoma-5-...-275f175r.aspx
Old 02-17-2009, 06:19 AM   #3
BioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant future
BioMed80's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Popcorn View Post

X2 That's the lift I have and I love it. It can be found much cheaper than on that site though. Google the model number (69-5510) and you should find it easily. Good luck.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:13 PM   #4
grizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to behold

grizzlytravis's Tacoma Gallery
5lug ready lift pics

heres my 08 with stock wheels and tires for now lemme know what you think so far
Old 02-23-2009, 12:24 PM   #5
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlytravis View Post
heres my 08 with stock wheels and tires for now lemme know what you think so far
Need to upgrade those wheels ASAP!!
Old 02-23-2009, 02:45 PM   #6
grizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to behold

i know man atleast i painted them lol u got any suggestions on tires? i got rims picked out but not tires, i just dont wanna spend an arm and a leg but i want some nice all terrains
Old 03-02-2009, 09:04 PM   #9
Taco808 is on a distinguished road

Taco808's Tacoma Gallery
I just purchased the fat bobs garage 5 lug lift kit.. when I contacted them they said "This kit is the ReadyLift kit taken out of the ReadyLift box and packaged in a Fat Bob's Garage box."
Old 03-03-2009, 12:39 AM   #10
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco808 View Post
I just purchased the fat bobs garage 5 lug lift kit.. when I contacted them they said "This kit is the ReadyLift kit taken out of the ReadyLift box and packaged in a Fat Bob's Garage box."

That is good to know. From the pictures I cannot tell a difference. I might order the same lift when I have extra money spend. Will you be doing the install yourself? Be sure to post pics of the finish product.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:11 AM   #11

Taco808's Tacoma Gallery
Ya... I looked into buying the kit and having it installed through 4 wheel parts, but they were quoting me about $600.00... So I decided to just buy the kit $179 + $11.00 shipping. And a buddy of mine who says he'll help me put it in if I buy the beer. I'll be sure to post some pics!
Old 03-03-2009, 05:13 PM   #12

its not hard at all

the front was a breeze you just cut one of the bolts on the strut and thats it. the rear is a little bit tricky the leafs arent easy to keep in place but its not that bad also you have to take a bench grinder to the leaf bolt( the head is too big to seat in the axle) also you need to drill out the u bolt plate but still not bad heres mine...i still need my wheels!!!
Old 03-03-2009, 06:59 PM   #13

Taco808's Tacoma Gallery
Ya.. I noticed that on the "how to install video" on the ready lift website.. does this mean you could never put it back to stock after cutting that bolt on the top of the strut? Nice truck by the way, its gonna look sick once you get your wheels
Old 03-03-2009, 11:19 PM   #14
Taco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Dependent, pops was a Major
Name: Alex
Taco505's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys thanks for all your help sorry i havent posted anything back i have been insanely busy, but i have been looking around locally to see what i can get for cheep and the same guys that put in my exhuast can get the readylift for pretty cheep and will install it for free. but my other question is on the readylift web site it says that it fits up to 31" after the lift so i am assuming that 265/70-17 (31.6") will fit right? well anyways thanks alot guys!
Old 03-04-2009, 06:44 PM   #15

2 answer your question taco808 you could put it back to stock. honestly i dont even know why the one bolt is longer than the others but worse case scenario you would just need a new strut plate to make it stock.taco 505 you could fit those tires just they would rub when you hit a bump or a lock turn. but im sure youd be fine. BY THE WAY when you install the ready lift make sure you install bigger shocks otherwise it will be a VERY bumpy ride!
Old 03-06-2009, 07:41 PM   #16
motoretro has a spectacular aura aboutmotoretro has a spectacular aura about
motoretro's Tacoma Gallery
Just a thought on lifts, Some people have mentioned installing a kit is rough on ball joints, tie rods, etc. How does Toyota provide a factory lift for it's Pre-Runners pkg without compromising suspension componetry?

Motoretro
Old 03-07-2009, 09:29 AM   #17

they have different tie rods ball joints etc. with this lift its very mild it shouldnt put any stress on your suspension components. when you install the front end half you dont even force anything into place it just fits but im sure they designed it that if you go higher you would need new suspension parts. (hence why theres only two lift kits availible for the 5lugs) just my opinion
Old 03-07-2009, 07:28 PM   #18

Taco808's Tacoma Gallery
Just finished my lift.. now I need a wash and bigger tires...
Old 03-08-2009, 11:32 AM   #20

looks good man mine will look somethin like that when i get my wheels only im doin all black baby