Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

BFG All Terrain 245/75/R16 Pics?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #21
vtmactech is a splendid one to beholdvtmactech is a splendid one to beholdvtmactech is a splendid one to beholdvtmactech is a splendid one to beholdvtmactech is a splendid one to beholdvtmactech is a splendid one to beholdvtmactech is a splendid one to behold

Army:
vtmactech's Tacoma Gallery
Stock size 245/75/16. Goodyear MT-R. Just needed more traction, not clearance. I'm getting 24-25mpg on highway but almost never go faster than 60-62 or 2,000rpm. Still stock suspensions but adding 5100's set to 1.75 since the bumper dropped the front a little. It sat just right before the bumper.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #22
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyTacomaDust View Post
These are LT's not P's. Heavier Duty Tire. I can only go by what the weight on the spec sheet says, I have not personally weighed them, but I would be willing to bet they are VERY close to that weight.
265/70/17 bfs in C rating don't even weigh that much though. Are you talking Es? If so that's overkill really
Old 04-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #23
EatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EatMyTacomaDust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmactech View Post
Stock size 245/75/16. Goodyear MT-R. Just needed more traction, not clearance. I'm getting 24-25mpg on highway but almost never go faster than 60-62 or 2,000rpm. Still stock suspensions but adding 5100's set to 1.75 since the bumper dropped the front a little. It sat just right before the bumper.

Man your truck looks rockin! Love that tire & size. Best look yet I've seen on the 245's. You guys get a lot of snow way over there?

I also am looking at putting on 5100's and I want to do it when I get my new tires which will be late Sept / early Oct to get ready for the winter season and also get those stock dunny's of my truck. Really want to get the right tire and size. Thanks for posting pics of your rig. Looks really good.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:56 PM   #24
EatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
265/70/17 bfs in C rating don't even weigh that much though. Are you talking Es? If so that's overkill really
Well I thought they were D's, but I can't find that info now. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong tire by mistake. Let me dig into that and I'll get back to you. That really would be awesome if I'm mistaken on the weight of those bad boys!
Old 04-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #25
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Well I thought they were D's, but I can't find that info now. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong tire by mistake. Let me dig into that and I'll get back to you. That really would be awesome if I'm mistaken on the weight of those bad boys!
A C rated BF should be about 46lbs give or take 1lb <<<<<<<<<<<<<<-----------------------
Old 04-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #26

Quote:
A C rated BF should be about 46lbs give or take 1lb
Ok. Now I know your either F'n with me or just talkin' shit. In my previous post I said 48.5 lbs give or take a few ounces given the tire size and you said -

"No way their that heavy"

I gave you the benefit of the doubt and said - "ok well I could be mistaken"

Then you come back and say - "46 lbs +/- a lb.

That means your calling it 47 lbs and calling me out as being way off for say 48 lbs.

You sound like my boss at work who just got fired doing shit like that to people, so I don't have a lot of tolerance for it.

Not Cool. Not cool at all, if you can't interact with me any better than that - then don't interact at all.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:54 AM   #27

Quote:
Ok. Now I know your either F'n with me or just talkin' shit. In my previous post I said 48.5 lbs give or take a few ounces given the tire size and you said -

"No way their that heavy"

I gave you the benefit of the doubt and said - "ok well I could be mistaken"

Then you come back and say - "46 lbs +/- a lb.

That means your calling it 47 lbs and calling me out as being way off for say 48 lbs.

You sound like my boss at work who just got fired doing shit like that to people, so I don't have a lot of tolerance for it.

Not Cool. Not cool at all, if you can't interact with me any better than that - then don't interact at all.
Lol your and idiot. Your post is about 245s and you said they were 48lbs. I sid thats impossible because the 265s were less then that at about 46. Personally I could care less. I was just trying to help out because even a few pounds makes a massive difference with out 2.7s and I would know because I'm about to buy my 6th different tire this month.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:36 AM   #28

BFG 245/75/16 only come E rated = 43.75lbs
-
BFG 265/75/16 E rated = 49.5lbs
-
BFG 265/70/17 C rated = 44.88lbs
-
BFG 265/70/17 E rated = 53.25lbs
-
285/70/17 P rated Revo2s I have = 46lbs
Old 04-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #29

Quote:
Lol your and idiot. Your post is about 245s and you said they were 48lbs. I sid thats impossible because the 265s were less then that at about 46. Personally I could care less. I was just trying to help out because even a few pounds makes a massive difference with out 2.7s and I would know because I'm about to buy my 6th different tire this month.
Yeah right DICKHEAD. Your an ass - PERIOD. Don't come on my thread telling me I'm wrong and then correcting me with the same info that I originally GAVE!

You ARE CRAZY! LOL all you want to deflect your own Bullshit back on me, but that liberal / PC shit doesn't work like you are programmed to think it does.

I've been reading your posts for a while and you consistantly spew shit and don't know what your talking about.

Your Gas mileage estimates on your truck are completely wrong! Guys with 5 lug 2.7's don't get the gas mileage you claim.

Oh Yeah, your dancing banana is annoying as shit too - STAY OUT OF MY THREADS IN FUTURE.

Don't Reply - I'M DONE. LEAVE ME ALONE.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #31
Hard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: H
Hard's Tacoma Gallery
I have to agree that the specs show the 245/75R16 e-rated tires to be 48#.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

If you are going to agrue, you might want to use some evidence.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard View Post

I have to agree that the specs FROM THE ACTUAL COMPANY THAT MAKES THE TIRES show that Im right.
-
http://www.bfgoodrichtires.ca/tire-s...ails#techspecs
-
If your going to be the 3rd man in with a smart remark, make sure you use the RIGHT evidence....
Old 04-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #33
2013 2.7 is on a distinguished road
2013 2.7's Tacoma Gallery
are 265's ok here?
Attached Thumbnails
BFG All Terrain 245/75/R16 Pics?-photo-1.jpg   BFG All Terrain 245/75/R16 Pics?-photo.jpg  
Old 04-24-2013, 07:26 PM   #34
2013 2.7 is on a distinguished road
2013 2.7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 2.7 View Post
are 265's ok here?
looks low in the front becuase the yard was wet and the font tires were about 3 inches lower then the back
Old 04-25-2013, 06:55 AM   #35
Hard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: H
Hard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have to agree that the specs FROM THE ACTUAL COMPANY THAT MAKES THE TIRES show that Im right.
-
http://www.bfgoodrichtires.ca/tire-s...ails#techspecs
-
If your going to be the 3rd man in with a smart remark, make sure you use the RIGHT evidence....
Ill buy that. Tire-Rack used to be accurate a couple of years ago with this tire. I tried the 235/85's and the weight (49#) on tire-rack was consistent with the tires that I put on.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard View Post

Thanks man. He originally said 46lbs +/- 1 lb which is 47 lbs, close enough not to argue.

Then he changed his answer after the fact.

Thanks for jumping in, but don't egg him on, he obviously doesn't have anything better to do. . .
Old 04-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 2.7 View Post
are 265's ok here?
Absolutely. I've pretty much decided to go with 265's at this point and those tires look smokin' on your truck.

Are those 70 sidewalls?
Old 04-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #38

Quote:
Thanks man. He originally said 46lbs +/- 1 lb which is 47 lbs, close enough not to argue.

Then he changed his answer after the fact.

Thanks for jumping in, but don't egg him on, he obviously doesn't have anything better to do. . .
No, actually if you could read (which you clearly cant) I said the 265/70/17 was 46lbs give or take a pound and I knew that from when I verified it when I owed them, meaning because its larger then the the 245/75/16 tire you asked about, the 245 would have to be much lighter, and I was right because its 43.78lbs. So dont be mad and learn to take advice and help the the rest of this site without turning psycho please....
Old 04-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
They are great. My little 4Banger lead the way up a mountain for some locked V6s the last weekend of the year plowing snow up to 2' deep. It was the first time I ever spun them, but I wasn't aired down (every one was spinning)

Pine Grove Mines Snow Wheeling Picture Thread 12/29/12

And last spring while the 265s & 285s were slipping & sliding in the mud my 255s cut right through it.

Cold Spring Trenches & Dog Valley 3/18/12 (First off road in mud & snow)
Whats your mpg now with the 255s? Compared to your other tires?
Old 05-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #40

Quote:
No, actually if you could read (which you clearly cant) I said the 265/70/17 was 46lbs give or take a pound and I knew that from when I verified it when I owed them, meaning because its larger then the the 245/75/16 tire you asked about, the 245 would have to be much lighter, and I was right because its 43.78lbs. So dont be mad and learn to take advice and help the the rest of this site without turning psycho please....
I can't help it. For some reason you just annoy the shit out me. . .you always have since I first got on this site.

Products Discussed in this Thread