Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

BFG All Terrain 245/75/R16 Pics?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
EatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EatMyTacomaDust's Tacoma Gallery
BFG All Terrain 245/75/R16 Pics?

Hey guys,

Anyone running BFG All Terrain 245/75/r16's on their truck? Would love to see some pics if you got 'em.

Looking at buying this tire, I just can't decide what size, and I'm interested in keeping the stock size for better mpgs - not convinced yet though.

Pics anyone?

Thanks.

Edit:
I'll add pics of as I find and verify them for anyone interested in this size. . .
Old 04-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #2
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Googled some pics for you. On a DC though.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #5
Boilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really nice

Name: Brian
Boilerman's Tacoma Gallery
Got to remember these tires are heavier and you will lose some mpg's.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:06 PM   #6
EatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerman View Post
Got to remember these tires are heavier and you will lose some mpg's.
Yeah i know. My stock Dunlops weigh 32.8 lbs. If I go to the BFG AT's I'm looking at about 48.5 lbs give or take a few ounces depending on the size.

I'm expecting to loose about 2-3 mpgs but hopefully no more than that. I'm hoping anyway... haha
Old 04-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #7
Boilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyTacomaDust View Post
Yeah i know. My stock Dunlops weigh 32.8 lbs. If I go to the BFG AT's I'm looking at about 48.5 lbs give or take a few ounces depending on the size.

I'm expecting to loose about 2-3 mpgs but hopefully no more than that. I'm hoping anyway... haha
I went from the stock Dunflops P245/75/16 to a BFG AT KO LT265/75/16 and lost 3 mpg.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:17 PM   #8

Quote:
I went from the stock Dunflops P245/75/16 to a BFG AT KO LT265/75/16 and lost 3 mpg.
Well that's good to know. After much EXHAUSTIVE research I've decided screw it I'm moving to a 265. Those 245 are just to small looking. I like the LT265/70/16 though. I just really like the look of them so looks like I'll be losing about 3 mpgs as well.

Thanks for that bit of info, good to know what to expect.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #9
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well that's good to know. After much EXHAUSTIVE research I've decided screw it I'm moving to a 265. Those 245 are just to small looking. I like the LT265/70/16 though. I just really like the look of them so looks like I'll be losing about 3 mpgs as well.

Can't go wrong with 265's. Although 245's can look good too...
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new...ml#post6737901
Old 04-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #10
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
I went with 255/85/16 BFG KM2s on my 4Banger.
Mileage varies from -2 to +2 from average with stock tires depending on hilly or flat hwy (10% more mileage than Odo shows according to my GPS). I don't know what I'm getting since adding sliders & a full set of skids. Lift needed for this size but 265/75/16s will work stock.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:44 PM   #11
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thats a big weight gain. Cant see them being that heavy. My P285/70/17s are only 46lbs and are rated higher then the 265 BFgoodrichs
Old 04-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #12
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
I went with 255/85/16 BFG KM2s on my 4Banger.
Mileage varies from -2 to +2 from average with stock tires depending on hilly or flat hwy (10% more mileage than Odo shows according to my GPS). I don't know what I'm getting since adding sliders & a full set of skids. Lift needed for this size but 265/75/16s will work stock.
255 look is really growing on me. I might run them next year. How do you like them?
Old 04-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #13
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
255 look is really growing on me. I might run them next year. How do you like them?
U might as well....
Old 04-16-2013, 06:23 AM   #14
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They are great. My little 4Banger lead the way up a mountain for some locked V6s the last weekend of the year plowing snow up to 2' deep. It was the first time I ever spun them, but I wasn't aired down (every one was spinning)

Pine Grove Mines Snow Wheeling Picture Thread 12/29/12

And last spring while the 265s & 285s were slipping & sliding in the mud my 255s cut right through it.

Cold Spring Trenches & Dog Valley 3/18/12 (First off road in mud & snow)
Old 04-16-2013, 07:10 AM   #15

Quote:

Here is mine with the LT265/75/16's...

Old 04-16-2013, 08:41 PM   #16

Quote:
Thats a big weight gain. Cant see them being that heavy. My P285/70/17s are only 46lbs and are rated higher then the 265 BFgoodrichs
These are LT's not P's. Heavier Duty Tire. I can only go by what the weight on the spec sheet says, I have not personally weighed them, but I would be willing to bet they are VERY close to that weight.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #17

Quote:
Here is mine with the LT265/75/16's...

That's just a great looking tire. Fit's your truck good. Damn your truck is CLEAN!!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #18
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Being a 4-banger, you'll lose performance as well. Suggest a different AT tire that's available as P-metric. Hankook Dynapro ATM, for example, weighs ~ 40 lb at 265/75-16.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Being a 4-banger, you'll lose performance as well. Suggest a different AT tire that's available as P-metric. Hankook Dynapro ATM, for example, weighs ~ 40 lb at 265/75-16.
Yeah those Hankook Dynapro ATM's are the one other tire that really grabbed my attention and the weight is a lot lower as you point out. I take it you obviously have ran those and like them?

I guess it all boils down to want vs need. Could I be just fine with those Hankooks? Yeah, probably and their about $75 cheaper per tire. Is that enough to convince me to get them instead of the BFG AT?

NO. haha

But they are in the running. . . 2nd place actually. I know OZ likes these tires alot and he's in Canada so they must be snow worthy.

It would be nice to only drop $6 Bills vs $9 Bills +, not including mounting and balance / alignment.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:20 PM   #20
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
I run the ATMs except in the winter and I've been impressed with them. Surprisingly, on-road behavior is as good as the BFG Rugged Trails, very stable and quiet on the highway, lots of grip in the corners.

Products Discussed in this Thread