LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

2.7 exhaust ~ pics and video

Old 05-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
2.7 exhaust ~ pics and video

Just got the exhaust finished up today. It's an 18" Magnaflow muffler with a LC Engineering header. The rest of the stock pipe, cat and resonators are all the same.

Here's a sound clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrDcnSSa82Q

This combination has a nice deep pleasant mellow tone.

LCE Header $479
Header installation 0
Magnaflow muffler $83
Muffler installation $45

Just for information, the stock muffler weighs in at 19 pounds and the Magnaflow is 13 pounds.

My torque test is climbing the same steep hill to my house in second gear at 1,000 rpm. All stock, the engine would buck and I'd have to go back to first gear. With the header, it climbed in second with no need to downshift. And now with the muffler, it still climbs in second just fine. I was initially concerned that the muffler might cause a loss of low end torque, but in the impartial hill test is hasn't hurt it one bit. I believe this is because all the rest of the system retains the same diameter and the stock cat and resonators all remain as they were. A large diameter exhaust is not necessary for a slow turning industrial type engine like the 2.7.