Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Almost made a bad decision

Old 05-05-2013, 07:00 PM   #1
The Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud of
The Shape's Tacoma Gallery
Almost made a bad decision

Got the bug for something sportier and started looking at mustangs since I have previously owned several. Did some serious shopping , but after browsing the mustang forums I used to haunt and reading about TSBs and other minor issues I remembered why I bought my Yota in the first place. My truck is slow but it has been dependable as the sun coming up. Maybe I will just wait a couple of years and pick up a used Scion FR-S for something sporty.

I realize this thread is about nothing, but I just came to the realization of how much I love my slow little 4banger yota and had to share.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #2
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Agreed.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
Rackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kevin
Rackster's Tacoma Gallery
Getting the bug

More of nothing...

When I get the bug, I take my S2000 out of the shed. The thing of it is - it's the most fuel efficient vehicle I own. Fun to drive...but so isn't the truck. I use the Tacoma throughout the winter months and on most days during the summer when it's too hot or raining. When we get dry spells I might get to drive the Honda for two weeks. And when I get back into the Tacoma, I get a smile and enjoy the ride! I think I will always own a truck.

PS - the Scion might be a nice addition when the time comes. Fun and fuel efficient!! I was shopping for a Mustang when I bought my S2000 - best choice I made.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #4
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
Psh at least look at something LSX...
Old 05-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #5
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Frs is slooooow
Old 05-11-2013, 09:01 PM   #6
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Good for you.

I have several posts on my (former) 2012 GT.

What a rag. Its a spectacular motor in a very much less than average car. Sold mine after 4k miles.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #7
13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed
13Greysled's Tacoma Gallery
Im used to small sport compacts before i got the truck. So an frs was tempting when looking at the newer vehicles, but since the taco was in the same price range and can be used for soo much more, i went that route. Dont regret it at all.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:52 AM   #8
aj hank is on a distinguished road

Name: AJ
aj hank's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Greysled View Post
Im used to small sport compacts before i got the truck. So an frs was tempting when looking at the newer vehicles, but since the taco was in the same price range and can be used for soo much more, i went that route. Dont regret it at all.
Same here..I had an integra for a long time and loved it but now that I have my taco, I love it and don't miss little "sporty" cars
Old 05-24-2013, 11:40 PM   #9
2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: LEEEEEEROOOYYY JENKINS!
2007 tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I think you made a good decision. I'll probably get a sporty bug again too as I've owned several. I'll find a way to talk my way out of it.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:51 PM   #10
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
For sporty, get to drive my wife's car... a zippy little 5 speed Yaris.

Old 05-25-2013, 05:43 AM   #11
The Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud of
The Shape's Tacoma Gallery
My wife had a Yaris before her Camry, I have to agree with you it was a fun little car to drive. Slow as heck, but it was the kinda of fun like you have in a go cart I loved it.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:58 AM   #12
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
My wife had a Yaris before her Camry, I have to agree with you it was a fun little car to drive. Slow as heck, but it was the kinda of fun like you have in a go cart I loved it.
Yeah, they definitely do have that go cart feeling to them, except my wife's car isn't slow because she let me trick out her engine.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #13
Maineiack is on a distinguished road

Maineiack's Tacoma Gallery
Just get a bike!!!!
Old 06-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #14
jamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nice
Name: james
jamesinkeys's Tacoma Gallery
Looking at the new next big thing, BMWc 650gt maxi scooter. Quiet, fun, reliable, easy to ride, 56mpgs, plenty of storage for groceries, on and on. Waiting (till I get back to the states) for the 3rd gen taco, intend to keep both.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #15
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
If i had to get something to scratch my sporty itch it'd be a focus ST or a new fiesta ST. Price to performance is huge.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #16
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
I miss my Mustang. When I get the bug, I take the wife's turbo sonata out for a spin. I'd still love to have a WRX or something in the garage to play around with.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #17
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
When I'm not pulling 30+ mpg with my little 4-banger I have fun in this.

Took her up to a party yesterday afternoon up Coal Creek Canyon and then continued on down to Golden for the monthly Super Cruise. To bad it's only about 3/10 cruisers that are actually classic cars. Way to many smucks thinking their brand new lifted truck is cool.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #18
Maineiack is on a distinguished road

Maineiack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
When I'm not pulling 30+ mpg with my little 4-banger I have fun in this.

Took her up to a party yesterday afternoon up Coal Creek Canyon and then continued on down to Golden for the monthly Super Cruise. To bad it's only about 3/10 cruisers that are actually classic cars. Way to many smucks thinking their brand new lifted truck is cool.

I dig the old school muscle man! I just got rid of my bike to consolidate a little. Told the wife that i may hold off on a bike and try to find something old school to cruise in, maybe take to the drag strip every now and then.