Notices

belt,I,m trouble

Old 05-28-2013, 02:47 AM   #1
massoy55 is on a distinguished road
Name: john
massoy55's Tacoma Gallery
belt,I,m trouble

I,m having real trouble removing the fan belts .on my 99 2.4,4x4
the last owner lived by the ocean an the adjustment tensor, the screw an block type on the alternator will only move about 1/2 turn at a time .It,s my first Toyota .I,ve worked on american made my Whole life as a do it your self-er .And
this screw an block adjustment on the alternator is giving me a real hard time.
can any 1 help???
Old 05-28-2013, 03:06 AM   #2
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Are you ?
Old 05-28-2013, 03:42 AM   #3
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
PB blaster! Spray it on there and maybe it will break free.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #4
iroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iroh's Tacoma Gallery
Is the alternator pivot bolt loosened? Sometimes that'll bind it up. Then hit with penetrating oil and go back & forth bit by bit until you drag the rust out of the threads.

My buddy's 1MZ took this to get the belt changed. 200k+ of Michigan corrosion on that car! And it still has less rust than my '09 taco did.