1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2.7L - offroad bumpers & weight inquiry

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by lucky73, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Jun 8, 2013 at 5:06 PM
    lucky73

lucky73 [OP] Limited

Member:
    i've seen a few 2.7L with aftermarket offroad bumpers but after helping a friend pickup his allpro bumpers (front, rear and skid) I was shocked my how much they weighed. are any bumpers known for being lighter than the allpros b/c the three parts combined my weigh 300 pounds, or so it seemed and that would sap the HP in a 2004 2.7L right quick, no?

2. Jun 8, 2013 at 5:23 PM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
    Actually 40lbs is about the weight of a average kid sooo....

3. Jun 8, 2013 at 5:29 PM
    bzzr2

bzzr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    i put a a steel front bumper and sliders on my 2009 2.7 reg cab, not sure what the exact weight is but prob in the 170-180lb area. i don't recall noticing any power loss, i know you are adding a bit more weight but it will be just fine, between the weight taken off from the front and rear stock parts, say 60lbs maybe all is good.

4. Jun 30, 2013 at 8:54 PM
    Longo118

Longo118 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New York
    Vehicle:
    2006 4x4
    -OME Lift w/ Dakar leafs -Wheels + Tires -All Pro IFS skid -4xInnovations Sliders -Tool box, hi-lift, shovel mount and a few others
    This is the only picture I have of my new bumper on my computer as of right now. Its a Brute Force Fab hybrid bumper. I got all the options possible with this bumper and its weight is just over 100lbs I believe. Havent noticed much power loss from it but at this point I'm considering re-gearing anyway. I have skids, aftermarket bumper, bed rack, tool boxes, 3inch lift, and 32inch tires so I feel its needed to regear so its less stress on engine, clutch, etc.

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top