Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Possible alternative to stiff ride?

Old 06-12-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
LDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LDurchy's Tacoma Gallery
Possible alternative to stiff ride?

I will be buying a new Tacoma 4WD Access Cab in a year or two. I have heard the ride as rated 'harsh' by some sources, compared to the 2WD. Would it be suitable to put a cushey pad over the seat to compensate, or has this been tried?
My only use for the 4WD is occassional snow or mud situation. I am not an off-roader. Expected loads would be relatively light such as a couple of pedal bikes and a rack.

I have been reading about the LSD on the 2WD and wonder if it will get me home from the general stuck situations mentioned. I think one use of the 4WD will pay for itself in towing charges.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:59 PM   #2
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDurchy View Post
I will be buying a new Tacoma 4WD Access Cab in a year or two. I have heard the ride as rated 'harsh' by some sources, compared to the 2WD. Would it be suitable to put a cushey pad over the seat to compensate, or has this been tried?
My only use for the 4WD is occassional snow or mud situation. I am not an off-roader. Expected loads would be relatively light such as a couple of pedal bikes and a rack.

I have been reading about the LSD on the 2WD and wonder if it will get me home from the general stuck situations mentioned. I think one use of the 4WD will pay for itself in towing charges.
i have a new access cab with no issues. i think some people are just too picky (or maybe have back issues) you can always get it re-uphostered if you got the $$ to something more comfortable, but i have no issues (i'm young though)
as for the 4wd...GET IT. i debated that for 6 months before i bought my truck, but you will be glad you got it. there's been a few moments i've had to use it just light offroading (i probably could of got it in 2wd, but Aint Nobody Got Time Fo 'Dat!.) you wont regret it and the resale is also really increased.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #3
kodiakisland is on a distinguished road
kodiakisland's Tacoma Gallery
It's funny what some people call harsh or rough. I grew up with a one ton flat bed that I never saw any load compress the springs on it. That was harsh. I've driven cross country and off road in 3/4 tons unloaded. Those were pretty harsh too.

My 4WD Tacoma rides like a nice truck. Not as nice as my avalanche, but far better than many trucks I've owned. I drive it on one or two trips each year that are 4000-5000 mile round trips with no complaints.

I will be changing the suspension this fall, so the ride may go bad, but the factory setup has been fine.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:56 PM   #4
13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed
13Greysled's Tacoma Gallery
I came from a lowered car, so the Tacoma is like riding on a cloud comparatively lol

Seriously though, these are not new BMWs, they are a reasonably priced pick-up truck, so the ride wont be perfect.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:35 AM   #5
hygieneboy will become famous soon enough

Navy: Sub Pilot
hygieneboy's Tacoma Gallery
Install Bilstein 5100 shocks at OEM ride height and the ride is much softer than the Tokicos it comes with on the base and SR5. I've heard it's even better than the Bilstein Toyota shocks that come on the TRD.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:37 AM   #6
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
truck is definitely not stiff. they can ride im my f350 dually. had it for towing trailers and that fucker is stiff.

people are expecting everything to be like a car.