Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Crazy awesome idea.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
milkjug is on a distinguished road
Name: Neil
milkjug's Tacoma Gallery
Crazy awesome idea.

So I'm probably about to pull the trigger on a prerunner double cab 4 cyl auto. I love the truck but I just don't like how slow the auto tranny makes it. Was wondering if I could somehow have a 2wd 5 speed double cab pre runner custom made by Toyota or what? Or if dropping a base 2wd 2.7 engine/tranny/ecu in would work? Any input on how or if that would fit with minimal customization or what? Just curious.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #2
Fortified with horsepower-adding goodness...
WHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vance
WHPLSH3's Tacoma Gallery
This runs along the same lines as a V6 double cab long bed 6 speed... Toyota could, but won't
Old 06-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.cu-autosolution.com/newCars/

doable on a credit union site. Often available variables aren't shown on the official Toyota website. Last year they still had reg cab prerunners iirc.

edit: sorry my bad , I see u meant a 5 speed manual
Old 06-20-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
toyodajeff's Tacoma Gallery
Call several dealers and ask. Ive had some dealers tell me a truck I wanted couldn't be got and a salesman from another dealer admitted it could be special ordered and would take quite a while to get in. So maybe just because it cant be built on the toyota website doesn't mean its not possible