Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

want more power for my 2.7l.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #21
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
V-8
Old 06-23-2013, 10:43 PM   #22
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
^ unfortunately hes right. Boost will give you HP. Not torque. Gears will give you torque also
Old 06-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #23
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

How bout this. Buy my 4.0L so I can click buy on this LS3 Ive been stalking.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #24
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
4:56 gears or 4:88s for torque... Headers, exhaust and supercharger for power

other than that your doomed...unless of course you drop a larger engine in like the guys said
Old 06-23-2013, 10:48 PM   #25
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Skinny pedal to the floor at all times . Works good
Old 06-23-2013, 10:49 PM   #26
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Skinny pedal to the floor at all times . Works good
Old 06-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #27
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
How bout this. Buy my 4.0L so I can click buy on this LS3 Ive been stalking.
Would your engine cage work with a v8?

Also, if youre going LS.. LsX or GTFO
Old 06-23-2013, 10:52 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Would your engine cage work with a v8?

Also, if youre going LS.. LsX or GTFO
yes it will but im going to push it back if i swap motors.

and I dont have that deep of pockets! ill be happy with 430HP.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:56 PM   #29
2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: LEEEEEEROOOYYY JENKINS!
2007 tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
If you just have the turbo itself, no. It's a paperweight. Sell it on Ebay and get some cash.

For a little more torque, get a LCE header. Good bang for the buck. It's equal length and helps at low RPM.

To shift the powerband down altogether, regear. See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afd23a
For 2005+ 5-lug trucks, the automatic transmission trucks have 3.58 and the manual transmission trucks have 3.31 gearing in the rear end. The next higher ratio available is 3.73 which is what comes in the 2005+ V6 trucks. Then there are 4.10 gears which come in the 2005+ 4wd/Prerunner 4 cylinder trucks. 4.56 and 4.88 are available from aftermarket retailers like East Coast Gear Supply or Randy's Ring and Pinion. Dakota Digital makes an electronic box that adjusts the speedo to be correct, although I'm not sure if it works for the odometer.

I regeared my 5-lug manual to 4.10's after lifting and larger tires. I replaced the speedo gear with one from a 4 banger 4x4/prerunner to correct the speedo and odometer. I don't know if you can do that with automatics. I haven't had any adverse affects and it's been about 2 years since I did the swap.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:25 PM   #30
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Go to customtacos.com. Tons a good turbo builds that make awesome power. Turning is going to be easy on a I4 and if you know wtf your doing fairly "cheap". Not that any options are going to be

Or I'd say get a 4.0 1uzfe Lexus v8 for cheap. Or 4.3l 3uzfe Lexus v8. I wouldn't really go for the 2uzfe in a 5 lug

Next would be 2jz. But those are pretty pricey to find and mod.

Not going to see much from intake and exhaust.

Or check out URD supercharger kits for your motor. Work great too. Totally bolt on.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:21 AM   #31
2010Tacoma2.7 is on a distinguished road
Army: CH47 Technician
Name: Jeff
2010Tacoma2.7's Tacoma Gallery
FFS

If you're 21 and have shit credit I would worry more about fixing that than getting more torque out of a 4 cylinder truck mommy and daddy bought you.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:30 AM   #32
TEQ HED
Mattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mattnatti's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010Tacoma2.7 View Post
If you're 21 and have shit credit I would worry more about fixing that than getting more torque out of a 4 cylinder truck mommy and daddy bought you.
^^Yup x2 on that!
Old 06-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #33
Jackal1392 is on a distinguished road
Name: Taylor
Jackal1392's Tacoma Gallery
How would i regear my gear box, as I do not know as much about transmissions as I wish i did. I did not think they made superchargers for the 2.7l.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:26 PM   #34
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal1392 View Post
How would i regear my gear box, as I do not know as much about transmissions as I wish i did. I did not think they made superchargers for the 2.7l.
they make superchargers and turbos for the 2.7
Old 06-24-2013, 11:39 PM   #35
Jackal1392 is on a distinguished road
Name: Taylor
Jackal1392's Tacoma Gallery
That's good to know because I am more of a fan of superchargers, but thought I was just stuck with turbos.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:12 AM   #36
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
turbos make more power....

http://www.lceperformance.com/Superc...-p/7015130.htm
Old 06-25-2013, 07:10 AM   #37
TEQ HED
Mattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mattnatti's Tacoma Gallery
Superchargers FTW!
Old 06-25-2013, 07:21 AM   #38
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattnatti View Post
Superchargers FTW!
FTL

Turbos are more efficient than superchargers. Superchargers are just easier since its kind of a 'bolt on' so more people have em.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:34 AM   #39
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
FTL

Turbos are more efficient than superchargers. Superchargers are just easier since its kind of a 'bolt on' so more people have em.
hit it right on the head. Have Toyota bolt it on for you and not have to worry about anything and get little power or pick up a wrench and install a turbo and you can make HUGE power
Old 06-26-2013, 01:53 AM   #40
S1000RR will become famous soon enough
S1000RR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake5995 View Post
hit it right on the head. Have Toyota bolt it on for you and not have to worry about anything and get little power or pick up a wrench and install a turbo and you can make HUGE power
Depends on what you use your truck for. Not all of us are looking for "HUGE" power, and with "HUGE" power comes turbo lag and lose of tq down low, something someone who uses their truck, as a truck wouldn't prefer.

If you got a newer truck, go with the TRD Supercharger. You keep your warranty, and with just a couple upgrades like a pulley, full exhaust etc, should be in the 350/400 range easy with a fat torque curve.