Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

My new '13 DC 4 banger

Old 06-27-2013, 12:48 AM   #21
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteacher13 View Post
and i will snap a pic tomorrow wild land to ease your mind
Thanks man
Old 06-27-2013, 01:56 AM   #22
2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: LEEEEEEROOOYYY JENKINS!
2007 tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I also threw my Thule box on top when I got home today... definitely ready for a camping trip
I really like that.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:05 AM   #23
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thats awesome... I would love to have some more get up and go but I think I will attack some new rubber and some type of leveling kit first. So much to do and so little $ .
There's always plenty of time to personalize your truck. I slowly plan each step one at a time, look at the all of the components offered, choose the ones I think are the best for my uses, and only do changes when I have the extra money.

I can offer some advice on exhaust. If you open up your exhaust system with after market mufflers and pipes, you'll give up some low end torque just to hear more sound. I tried that, and went back to the stock muffler because for me it wasn't worth losing the low end pull. The 2.7 is a very slow turning high torque engine, It's not a high revving big horsepower race engine. 60 mph on the freeway is only 2,000rpm.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:34 PM   #24
peteacher13 is on a distinguished road

peteacher13's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for all the info tooter.

here is a not so great photo off the engine for wildlandtaco
Old 06-27-2013, 09:35 PM   #25

oops here it is...
Attached Thumbnails
My new '13 DC 4 banger-img_20130627_193827_8541339287392.jpg  
Old 06-27-2013, 09:38 PM   #26
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck

Yes they make a dc 4banger prerunner

As with anything else, people just need to do their own searching
Old 06-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #27

Thanks T Sarcasm.

I was surprised as well when they started making the 4 cyl DC prerunner... super excited because it was exactly what I wanted. I have realized that there isn't a perfect truck to do everything (mpg,tow, carry passengers, etc) but this truck can do 99% of what I need really well
Old 07-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #28
gatnilab will become famous soon enoughgatnilab will become famous soon enough

Name: Patrick
gatnilab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks T Sarcasm.

I was surprised as well when they started making the 4 cyl DC prerunner... super excited because it was exactly what I wanted. I have realized that there isn't a perfect truck to do everything (mpg,tow, carry passengers, etc) but this truck can do 99% of what I need really well
Save a lot gas hehe! One thing I love about it.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #29
MGM Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
MGM Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
good looking truck, im interested in how many MPG's you get im wondering it the 4cyl actually gets any better numbers then the V6 with all the weight of the DC
Old 07-11-2013, 10:26 PM   #30
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome! I am waiting for my Super White 2013 DC PreRunner 4 banger. I also have the SR5 package and the alloys! Your truck looks great!

Be sure to find the Double Cab 4 Banger thread and post up there, please.

From my half assed research the DCSB PreRunner with 4 banger should be fully capable of low to mid 20s MPG.

Are your alloys derped or did you paint them? I plan on derping mine.

Sexy truck, man.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:53 AM   #31
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice!!!!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #32
jvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
jvswaim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
...60 mph on the freeway is only 2,000rpm.
Is that with the 5 spd and stock diameter 245/75x16 tires? If so, I'm relieved to hear it, what with the 4.10 and comments on the forum about 5th gear being too low.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #33
Mama didn't raise no fool
slaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant future

Air Force: Veteran
Name: Travis
slaphappy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I also threw my Thule box on top when I got home today... definitely ready for a camping trip
Could you tell a difference driving your truck after you put the camper shell on?
Old 08-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #34

Sorry guys, didn't get any notifications there had been some replies. As far as the canopy I didn't really notice a difference. I have been keeping my Thule box off when I don't really need it because I did notice a solid 1-2 mpg difference with it on.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #35
rickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
rickcrna's Tacoma Gallery
OP...can you describe the installation of your Curt hitch? I am thinking of installing one on my soon to be bought I-4 2013 Tacoma.

Thanks
Old 08-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #36

It was super easy. I did it by myself but an extra set of hands would have been nice. You basically loosen the bumper brackets and slide the hitch in. It was extremely simple. The T wiring harness was also a breeze, you just remove the left tail light and snap it in place
Old 08-25-2013, 12:46 PM   #37

Oh and I also used a place called hitchanything.com
Their reviews weren't great but everything went smoothly for me. The cost for the hitch was $150 and it came with the wiring harness. Also no shipping cost and it came from Florida and I am in Oregon... pretty screaming deal
Old 08-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #38
rickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Thanks. Loosening the bumper brackets involves what? Can you please be a little more specific on the install? I would really appreciate it. And...how long it it take you? Special tools? Etc.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #39
Never mind...I found a very helpful youtube video on installation of this hitch.