Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

2.7 dyno charts

Old 08-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #81
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
That is all on the OEM tune correct? If so, man does it run lean until after 4000 rpms.

Aside from that, good implementation. Glad to see your piece is making gains.
Yes. Both runs were done with a totally stock ECM, no tuning, and just regular 87 octane pump gasoline.

I'm sure that more gains can be gotten from tuning, but these runs were made only to quantify the difference of before and after the tooter 2.7 without any other changes to cloud the accuracy of the results.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:58 PM   #83
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds great boss,

Old 08-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #84
Gearhead
DonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Oscar
DonziGT230's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Torspd;7366166]That is all on the OEM tune correct? If so, man does it run lean until after 4000 rpms.

It was pretty stable till about 4600 then went way richer not leaner. I'm surprised at the sudden jump in AF ratio.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #85
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=DonziGT230;7366869]
Quote:
That is all on the OEM tune correct? If so, man does it run lean until after 4000 rpms.

It was pretty stable till about 4600 then went way richer not leaner. I'm surprised at the sudden jump in AF ratio.
The stock intake manifold without the spacer exhibited exactly the same A/F phenomenon. I'm sure that can be corrected with a MAF adjustor, but I left that issue unaddressed so that I could record only the actual difference the spacer made all by itself.

It's so tempting to want to do more than one change between dyno runs, but like in The Highlander...

"...there can be only one."

Old 08-31-2013, 05:34 AM   #86
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
Lol...

Very true,
Old 09-01-2013, 09:09 AM   #87
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquez808 View Post
ooooh greg! do i get a discount when you start selling since i bought ur muffler he he he
Not with the Hawaii shipping cost.
I basically sold the muffler for $15!

When I work out my production costs I'll post the price, and it'll be fair.

Greg
Old 09-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #89
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquez808 View Post
Lol yah I know, now ur gonna have good karma!!!
That's funny... but you know it actually does work out that way.

Greg
Old 07-12-2014, 09:20 AM   #91
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Got some more 2.7 dyno runs to post up. This thread is helpful in that they can all be found in one place minus a lot of surrounding text.

This is a head to head comparison between the stock 2.7 muffler, and a 22 inch long 5x11 oval Magnaflow muffler.

This one is a head to head comparison between that same 22 inch Magnaflow and a Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flow muffler.

Here's all three together.

All of these runs were 4th gear so the speed limiter cut them off at 4,700 rpms. That's the equivalence of 110 mph.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:56 AM   #92
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
This is run up to redline we did in 3rd gear to get around the speed limiter. Using URD's baseline 2.7 dyno run of 119hp 133 tq shows a difference of +28hp and +28 tq.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:55 AM   #93
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Just one more chart from the muffler shootout...
This is the Flowmaster compared to the stock muffler. The factory muffler line would have done better if it started at as a low rpm as the Flowmaster run. We actually got the dyno to begin recording at only 900 rpms. I've never seen any dyno chart begin that low.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:06 AM   #94
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery

Subd cause who doesn't love a lil extra power? Thanks OP, good stuff!
Old 07-13-2014, 09:11 AM   #95
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, man.

Another item worth noting...
The stock torque peak is 3,800 rpms. My engine with the stock muffler hits its torque peak at 2,900 rpms. Now look closely at the Flowmaster run. It meets and surpasses the stock muffler torque peak at 2,800 rpms.

So now there is dyno documentation of three specific mods, all of which shift the torque peak lower in the rpm range.

1. LCE long tube header 650 rpms
2. Tooter intake manifold spacer 250 rpms
3. Flowmaster Series 50 Delta Flow muffler 100 rpms

With these mods the torque peak is achieved 1,000 rpms sooner than a stock engine... and as well all three increase the torque peak itself. This is an improvement of 25% over a factory stock engine.

Greg
Old 07-13-2014, 09:52 AM   #96
Dangerdave is on a distinguished road
Name: David
Dangerdave's Tacoma Gallery
crap now that means that I have to get a muffler as well as the header.. C'mon man.. youre killing my wallet haha
Old 07-13-2014, 01:05 PM   #97
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
I hear ya... I spent almost as much on dyno testing as on the parts themselves!
But it's all in good fun.

Greg
Old 07-13-2014, 08:10 PM   #99
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It truly bugs me when shops don't scale the HP and TQ to the same numbers. Just a personal preference.
That's a good point, Tor. Jeez, I didn't event think of it I was so excited about the results.

I'll see if Harry can send me some forced scale charts. When I get them I'll replace what's posted.

Thanks,

Greg
Old 07-13-2014, 10:49 PM   #100
RdRunr is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
RdRunr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
That's a good point, Tor. Jeez, I didn't event think of it I was so excited about the results.

I'll see if Harry can send me some forced scale charts. When I get them I'll replace what's posted.

Thanks,

Greg
Even better, see if he can give you the raw data. That way, it can be pumped into Excel and scaled and plotted any way you want! He was just plotting different runs and then saving the images. Hopefully there is a way to export the actual data. If you like, I can stop by on the way to work one day and have a look.