Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

intake trouble car wont stay running and runs like crap

Old 02-28-2009, 09:42 AM   #1
natebaur is on a distinguished road
natebaur's Tacoma Gallery
intake trouble car wont stay running and runs like crap

i just bought a spectre intake and i put it on thetruck starts and then dies the check engine light does not come on therefor i beleive the mass air flow sensor is working properly anybody have any suggestions i have a 2000 toyota tacoma 2.4L
Old 03-01-2009, 08:33 PM   #2
9th level dungeon master
darkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to all

darkturtleninja's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by natebaur View Post
i just bought a spectre intake and i put it on thetruck starts and then dies the check engine light does not come on therefor i beleive the mass air flow sensor is working properly anybody have any suggestions i have a 2000 toyota tacoma 2.4L
how about a pic? check all of your hoses and plugs... i changed the filter on my cai and one of the hoses slipped off and my truck wouldnt run worth a crap...
perhaps you need to reset the values in the computer, disconnect your battery for about an hour and then reconnect it and start your engine and try to hold your rpms at 2000rpm for a few minutes. but if you have wires or hoses disconnected or missing this will not help...
Old 03-01-2009, 08:38 PM   #3
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure the vacuum line from the fuel pressure reg. is attached to the intake tubing.