tooter 2.7 intake manifold spacer...

Old 07-13-2013, 09:47 PM   #21
Kilo Sierra is on a distinguished road
Kilo Sierra's Tacoma Gallery
It shows.

ks
Old 07-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #22
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Sub
Old 07-14-2013, 02:27 AM   #23
2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: LEEEEEEROOOYYY JENKINS!
2007 tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Sub.

I want as much torque as I can economically get.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #24
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007 tacoma View Post
Sub.

I want as much torque as I can economically get.
Yes. that's also my goal. From the dyno run results, the combination of LCE header and Injen intake have already lowered the peak by 600 rpm.

Bone Stock: 139 ftlbs @ 3,800

Injen Intake
LCE Exhaust: 158 ftlbs @ 3,200

There a possibility that the spacer won't increase the peak torque at all,
and will only move it down more in the rpm range.
But that's what life is all about... finding out.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:25 AM   #25
I guess what impresses me are the gains (from the dyno chart) at the engines speeds that are in my useful normal operating range...That being 15-2500 r's.

Very interested in your next round of dyno with the spacer.

ks
Old 07-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #26
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
I didnt see the dyno charts linked to this thread, worth referencing to..

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4-c...no-charts.html
Old 07-14-2013, 10:13 AM   #27
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo Sierra View Post
I guess what impresses me are the gains (from the dyno chart) at the engines speeds that are in my useful normal operating range...That being 15-2500 r's.

Very interested in your next round of dyno with the spacer.

ks
I highly suspect that the part most responsible for both increasing the peak torque as well as decreasing the rpms in which it was reached was also the most expensive...

...the header.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:15 AM   #28
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoyota View Post
I didnt see the dyno charts linked to this thread, worth referencing to..

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4-c...no-charts.html
Thanks.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #29
chriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: chris
chriss's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
This manifold will be used as the model for reproducing the details...

The spacer will be machined with the proper grooves to accept a stock Toyota O ring intake manifold-to-head gasket exactly like the one already on this manifold. This will make for a nice secure reliable air tight fit exactly as good as the manifold. In fact it will be better than the manifold as the two facing surfaces will both be machined aluminum.

The 2.7 enjoys the distinct advantage of having plenty of side clearance so the spacer will be a full 1 inch thick. I'll be making just one prototype for dyno testing. That's why I did these recent baseline runs. So there will be an accurate comparison when I do the runs with the spacer.

The manifold runners that curl around from the orange gasket to the white line where they enter the plenum are 17 inches long.

So a one inch spacer will make them 6% longer which should slightly lower the torque curve. How much isn't yet known. The dyno results will tell the tale. This is why I made damn sure to have a torque curve that starts before 1,500rpm.

Quick question(s).
What is the cross sectional area of the intake runners on that stock manifold? Is it consistent through the length?
Do you know the area of a port on the head?
Old 07-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #30
j31driver is on a distinguished road
Army: F.I.S.T.
j31driver's Tacoma Gallery
Hi TOOTER, do you know if that header is still avail. and where?
Old 07-14-2013, 02:36 PM   #31
Just picked mine up three weeks ago from LC Engineering. Ordered it via the website.

At the moment I believe there is a discount for members of this forum.

ks
Old 07-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #32
All they show is Doug Thorley. I don't want that one.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #33
Found it!
Old 07-14-2013, 05:38 PM   #34
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriss View Post
Quick question(s).
What is the cross sectional area of the intake runners on that stock manifold? Is it consistent through the length?
Do you know the area of a port on the head?
The runners' linear width and height at the flange where they connect to the head are W51mm X H29mm...

They begin at the flange as oval...

...and change gradually along their full lengh to end up as round where they pick up air from the plenum...

I tried sticking a steel ruler into the plenum to measure the diameter of the round port, but it was at too great of an angle to read it. This is one reason why I got an extra manifold. I can keep using the truck as my daily driver while having the luxury of being able to fully explore the manfold and to take note of the dimensions.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:20 AM   #35
district 5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Del
district 5's Tacoma Gallery
very interesting, sub for outcome
Old 07-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #36
2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: LEEEEEEROOOYYY JENKINS!
2007 tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo Sierra View Post
Just picked mine up three weeks ago from LC Engineering. Ordered it via the website.

At the moment I believe there is a discount for members of this forum.

ks
That's it. I'm going to order one.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #37
Speck is on a distinguished road
Speck's Tacoma Gallery
great work, er, um hobbying

Looking forward to the dyno results...
Old 07-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #38
Knight Taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
Knight Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 07-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #39
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
Thanks, Kilo...

I have a real day job for money. This stuff is just a fun hobby, and is an idea which I find to be totally fascinating...

MicroBusiness.

This is where just one person comes up with a concept...

...and finds another micro businesses to turn the concept into a design...

...and then hires another micro business to test a prototype...

...and if its proven to be useful by another micro business testing it...

...then another micro business is employed to manufacture a finished product from the prototype...

...which is then marketed by just one person...

...me.

Notice that the complete process pipeline from concept to finished product is totally controlled by just one person. This allows the clarity of vision to explore and to innovate. I highly recommend this, and think that everyone should have their own microbusiness to experience the personal satisfaction of exploring creating designing testing manufacturing and marketing...

... on a really tiny scale.
I've got a similar concept with my product.

I don't have a 4 banger but for the outcome.

I'm intrigued.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #40
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
I've got a similar concept with my product.

I don't have a 4 banger but for the outcome.

I'm intrigued.
Stay tuned, Homer...

I'll be down at the machine shop this Saturday going over the spacer details!

This is the real America... independent productive capitalist entrepreneurs.