Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

tooter 2.7 intake manifold spacer...

Old 11-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #461
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyodajeff View Post
You gonna compete in some tractor pulls with the yaris.
Not likely, Jeff...

Yaris's are hardly high performance cars, however they're extremely reliable and get really great gas mileage.

A bone stock Yaris on average makes 91hp at the wheels on the dyno. My stock engine with only peripheral bolt on parts (ram intake, throttle body, intake manifold, axle back exhaust) makes 111hp at the wheels on the dyno, for a horsepower increase of 22% which isn't all that bad.

After seeing what the spacer did for my Tacoma, I now know that a spacer will help with the peak torque on the Yaris too.

Greg
Old 11-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #462
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Right now there are two spacers left in stock.

Greg
Old 11-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #463
The Sailing Memebr
anders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
anders99's Tacoma Gallery
Quick question; Will this work with my AFE CAI?
Old 11-12-2013, 07:08 PM   #464
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anders99 View Post
Quick question; Will this work with my AFE CAI?
I run this with my afe cai, so yes!
Old 11-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #465
The Sailing Memebr
anders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbmx View Post
I run this with my afe cai, so yes!
Sweet thanks
Old 11-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #466
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Men, I'm sure glad someone knows what it will work with, because I sure don't!

Now there's only one spacer left in stock...

Greg
Old 11-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #467
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
SOLD OUT

Forgot that I needed to keep this last one as a template for making more. I'll let you know if there will be any more made.

I hit my goal of breaking even, where the profit from units sold just covered all of my R&D, prototype, and dyno testing costs.

Greg
Old 11-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #468
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Just an update...

There won't be any more II.VII spacers made until next year,
as I'm beginning the tooter I.V intake manifold spacer project for the Toyota Yaris.

Greg
Old 11-14-2013, 05:42 PM   #469
The Sailing Memebr

But there will be more later right?
Old 11-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #470
vstrom is on a distinguished road
vstrom's Tacoma Gallery
Once you start making more Ill be able to buy one.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:59 PM   #471
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anders99 View Post
But there will be more later right?
Sure.
Some more will be made next year. It actually worked out perfect. Everyone who wanted one, bought one, and got one with none left over.

Right now, my focus is on a prototype I.V intake manifold spacer for the Yaris. Next will be dyno testing. And if it yields some good numbers there'll be a production run and sales. And I'll also be busy putting together another tooter aluminum intake manifold, so it's going to be a while before I get back to the II.VII's.

Greg
Old 11-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #473
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
So has anyone installed theirs yet? I'm eager to hear some feedback from those who have installed it. I won't be able to install mine in at least two weeks
Old 11-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #474
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by epa4wd View Post
So has anyone installed theirs yet? I'm eager to hear some feedback from those who have installed it.
So am I.

Quote:
I won't be able to install mine in at least two weeks
When you do, if you have any questions don't hesitate to let me know.

Greg
Old 11-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #475
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CIVILIAN/ E-5
Name: Jess
jmarquez808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
Now that's an intriguing question.
I was wondering if it would make a difference on my DRZ...

I'm sure the intake on my bike is already optimized for torque to fit it's primary purpose. The long really strange bulging tapering intake "velocity stack" is definitely designed to make the best of the resonance of the intake pulses.

The problem with lengthening the intake runner is that the relocated carb would wreak havoc with the rest of the intake system. Trying to make everything else fit would be a nightmare.

I had much better luck modifying the exhaust system, by making a reverse megaphone out of the stock exhaust. I gutted the baffles and cut the can short to make the megaphone part of the profile.

Then adapted a billet end cap made for a Honda XR and added SuperTrapp tuning disks. This makes up the reverse part of the megaphone profile.

The head pipe is an FMF Powerbomb which has an added chamber, the volume of which which effectively lengthens the exhaust length for added low end torque.

Then I ran the bike trying different numbers of SuperTrapp disks until I found the right combination that had the most low end pull.

I'm totally pleased with the results, and have been using this exhaust for over 20,000 miles. The bike runs super.

Greg
want a supermoto one day real bad. Had two husquvarnas slip through my fingertips. One in auction by 200 dollars and one that was really cheap but i had no cash at the time For now just my cbr1000
Old 11-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #476
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquez808 View Post
want a supermoto one day real bad. Had two husquvarnas slip through my fingertips. One in auction by 200 dollars and one that was really cheap but i had no cash at the time For now just my cbr1000
CBR1000... now that's a fast bike.

I've always ridden small light underpowered bikes for transportation, because it's harder to get into trouble on them. That's how to live long enough to become an old biker.

The DRZ is the perfect bike for simple reliable economical transportation, and has over 29,000 completely trouble free miles on it. It's been lightened down to 301 pounds with a full tank of gas. The swing arm and forks have also been modified to lower the chassis for a lower center of gravity, so it can go around canyon curves as fast as any other motorcycle regardless of the engine.

Greg
Old 11-16-2013, 10:56 PM   #477
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
CBR1000... now that's a fast bike.

I've always ridden small light underpowered bikes for transportation, because it's harder to get into trouble on them. That's how to live long enough to become an old biker.

The DRZ is the perfect bike for simple reliable economical transportation, and has over 29,000 completely trouble free miles on it. It's been lightened down to 301 pounds with a full tank of gas. The swing arm and forks have also been modified to lower the chassis for a lower center of gravity, so it can go around canyon curves as fast as any other motorcycle regardless of the engine.

Greg
Yes sir it is fast many mods on her too including an ohlins rear shock and full Leo Vince exhaust it's man bebe!!!

That is really light and if I could afford it I'd love to add one to my arsenal. Yah it's not like I'm that good you might even beat me around the corners he he he. But I love it nonetheless I hear you tho yes it's easy to get in trouble on this type. I'm learning self control slowly lol that or ill die ha ha ha
Old 11-17-2013, 08:43 AM   #478
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes sir it is fast many mods on her too including an ohlins rear shock and full Leo Vince exhaust it's man bebe!!!

That is really light and if I could afford it I'd love to add one to my arsenal. Yah it's not like I'm that good you might even beat me around the corners he he he.
At only 135 pounds, I feel most comfortable on a lightweight bike that I can handle easily...

...and in the canyon where I live all there is are corners, so I use the best tool to do the job.

Quote:
But I love it nonetheless I hear you tho yes it's easy to get in trouble on this type. I'm learning self control slowly lol that or ill die ha ha ha
We all make that very same choice between self control and death every time we throw a leg over a bike... and I've made it many times in the 48 years I've been a biker. The pure joy of riding is the same today as it was as a kid when I bought my first bike and rode it home.

Greg
Old 11-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #479
Large Member

That's awesome I wish we had better places to ride here. Small island but it's still a good time. YYah even at 190 this thing handles me if I don't be careful. That's awesome greg hope I'm riding as long as you when I make it there!
Old 11-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #480
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's awesome I wish we had better places to ride here. Small island but it's still a good time. YYah even at 190 this thing handles me if I don't be careful. That's awesome greg hope I'm riding as long as you when I make it there!
Just being aware of the possibility can make it real. And how you wield the responsibility of that much raw horsepower is a good personal test. Even on an island, riding outside in the warm sunlight under a blue sky with white puffy clouds and with lots of fresh air, can still be enjoyed. I've visited Maui and Kawai, and they're both stunningly beautiful. If I lived there I'd ride even if it was only a scooter.

I follow 3 rules:

1. Don't get angry.
2. Don't be in a hurry.
3. Don't daydream.
4. Don't try to prove anything.

They've actually worked out pretty well over the years.

Greg