LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

4cyl over 6cyl, any regrets?

Old 08-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #1
Mama didn't raise no fool
slaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant future

Air Force: Veteran
Name: Travis
slaphappy's Tacoma Gallery
4cyl over 6cyl, any regrets?

Anybody out there regret not getting their 2nd gen Tacoma in a V6? Just curious, if you are, why??
Old 08-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #2
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
No.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #3
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post
No.
x2 on this. my 4 cyl was plenty of power, im not into going fast and squeeling tires, i just wish they made the TRD with a 4 cyl...
Old 08-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #4
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Only at oil change time.
I hate the 2.7 filter location.

It's better than the 22RE, but only a little.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #5
Titles? We don't need no stinkin' titles.
bubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mike
bubba353z's Tacoma Gallery
I did - but I rectified that mistake when I traded my 2010 for a 2012. I wanted the extra towing capacity to haul my project C10 around. The 4 just won't cut it once I get it back together.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #6
slaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
x2 on this. my 4 cyl was plenty of power, im not into going fast and squeeling tires, i just wish they made the TRD with a 4 cyl...
The TRD options would be nice! I love my 4cyl, and I came from a Challenger with a Hemi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba353z View Post
I did - but I rectified that mistake when I traded my 2010 for a 2012. I wanted the extra towing capacity to haul my project C10 around. The 4 just won't cut it once I get it back together.
I can understand that..
Old 08-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #7
ramirezsergio63 is on a distinguished road

Name: Sergio
ramirezsergio63's Tacoma Gallery
NO regrets...a guy that i know hhas the 4wd v6 double cab 2013 and he doesnt drive it that much cause of the mpgs, he prefers to drive his civic, i take my prerunner whereever without giving a phuck about mpgs
Old 08-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramirezsergio63 View Post
NO regrets...a guy that i know hhas the 4wd v6 double cab 2013 and he doesnt drive it that much cause of the mpgs, he prefers to drive his civic, i take my prerunner whereever without giving a phuck about mpgs

Haha that's too bad for him man..I love driving mine, no way I'd hop in a Civic everyday instead of my Tacoma!
Old 08-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3 View Post
Haha that's too bad for him man..I love driving mine, no way I'd hop in a Civic everyday instead of my Tacoma!
Worst thing is that his civic has like a fart sound exhaust, it gives him headaches, when i casually see him, i dont even say hi
Old 08-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Worst thing is that his civic has like a fart sound exhaust, it gives him headaches, when i casually see him, i dont even say hi
Yeah can't talk to him unless he's in his pickup..

Btw is your's a Pyrite Mica AC?
Old 08-02-2013, 09:50 PM   #11
13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed
13Greysled's Tacoma Gallery
Only going up hills lol some people give me crap for going 4 vs 6, but its my truck my decision. I dont haul much and drive in the city mostly, so the 4cyl is perfectly fine.

And I dd a civic and enjoy both vehicles for different reasons.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #12

Quote:
Yeah can't talk to him unless he's in his pickup..

Btw is your's a Pyrite Mica AC?
Yeah its a pyrite mica
Old 08-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Greysled View Post
Only going up hills lol some people give me crap for going 4 vs 6, but its my truck my decision. I dont haul much and drive in the city mostly, so the 4cyl is perfectly fine.

And I dd a civic and enjoy both vehicles for different reasons.
Yeah not really sure why some people(v6 taco owners, jk) bash on the 4cyl..
Old 08-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #14

Quote:
Yeah its a pyrite mica
I like that color a lot!
Old 08-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #15
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
Those extra MPG's of the 4 cylinder are nice and the extra 80 horses of the V6 are nice too. Just depends on which benefit you value more. I like having a little more "get up and go" from the V6, but about 10 more MPG would from a 4 cylinder would be nice every now and then too. On a side note, I think it's pretty cool that they now make more options with the motor and cab size. Like how you can get a 4 cylinder in a double cab. That's great for someone who needs more seating room but still wants the 4 cylinder MPG. I just wish they made a single cab with the V6. That would be nice.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #16
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TCprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I love my 4cyl .. First car without a b8 I have ever owned honestly and I don't mind at all.. Has plenty of power for the real world and I have never had a power issue my wheels break loose before the engine ever bogs on hills ruts ect while off roading
Old 08-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #17
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah not really sure why some people(v6 taco owners, jk) bash on the 4cyl..
Hey, I like them. On long drives, it's almost always an easy choice which truck I'm driving. That would be the good old '01 4 cylinder Tacoma.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:58 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosupreme54 View Post
Hey, I like them. On long drives, it's almost always an easy choice which truck I'm driving. That would be the good old '01 4 cylinder Tacoma.
Of course I was only kidding.

Definitely agree about the options though. That's one thing I love about Tacoma's, the different suspension/motor/body combos you can get.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:58 AM   #19
2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: LEEEEEEROOOYYY JENKINS!
2007 tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
No. The only time I needed it to be a V6 was when I'd added about 2500 lbs and was going up very long steep grades. I just had to go slower.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #20
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
Nope. My four-banger gets me everywhere I need to go as fast as I need to get there. Plus I get 24-26 MPG on regular fuel & I don't baby it.