Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

New to me 5 lug

Old 08-18-2013, 07:08 AM   #1
Fordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: USAF Civilian
Name: Jack
Fordless's Tacoma Gallery
New to me 5 lug

Picked up a 2011 5 lug access cab 2.7L Auto yesterday. Absolutely love it. It's really amazing the difference between the 1st gen and 2nd gen. The 2nd gen is so much more comfortable and refined. And it's also amazing the difference between the 3RZ and the 2TR. Don't get me wrong the 2TR is no power house but it's much peppier than my 99. Seems to be much more willing to rev than the 3RZ. It reminds me of the 22RE somewhat. I thought I'd post this over here since the guys over in the 2nd gen forum seem to care more about big tires and climbing over tree stumps. I personally have past that point in my life. So I'm still here, just in a new ride.
Pic on the original thread.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-me-5-lug.html
Old 08-18-2013, 07:29 AM   #3
Fordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Big tires and climbing over tree stumps you say?
You prefer "Super Swamperin"?
Attached Thumbnails
New to me 5 lug-yota-mud.jpg  
Old 08-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #4
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordless View Post
Picked up a 2011 5 lug access cab 2.7L Auto yesterday. Absolutely love it. It's really amazing the difference between the 1st gen and 2nd gen. The 2nd gen is so much more comfortable and refined. And it's also amazing the difference between the 3RZ and the 2TR. Don't get me wrong the 2TR is no power house but it's much peppier than my 99. Seems to be much more willing to rev than the 3RZ. It reminds me of the 22RE somewhat. I thought I'd post this over here since the guys over in the 2nd gen forum seem to care more about big tires and climbing over tree stumps. I personally have past that point in my life. So I'm still here, just in a new ride.
Pic on the original thread.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-me-5-lug.html
I had the same experience as you did when I went from my 1996 5 lug 2.4 to a 2012 5 lug 2.7. The refinements are remarkable.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #5
2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: LEEEEEEROOOYYY JENKINS!
2007 tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
That's a nice looking truck.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #6
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Perfect.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #7

Thanks guys, I hopes she gives me some good service.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:05 AM   #8
Understand the Voice Within
91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
91r100gs's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the new ride.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:48 AM   #9
81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
us 5 lugs are the ugly step child of the tacoma world. that's ok, it does what i ask of it, which is all you can ask.

enjoy your ride.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #10
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
Congratulations! These are nice trucks and I'm glad you are enjoying it. We have the same truck except yours is 5 years newer and a different color. I love mine, it does everything I need, very good on gas for a mid-size truck, the 2TR-FE is surprisingly peppy/torquey moving a vehicle of this size, plus it comes with the legendary Toyota 4-cylinder reliability and longevity. Yay no timing belt to change! Plus it's a very good-looking truck. I expect to get at least 300k miles out of it, plus a good return on the resale value when the time comes.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #11
Understand the Voice Within
91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
91r100gs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81shark View Post
us 5 lugs are the ugly step child of the tacoma world. that's ok, it does what i ask of it, which is all you can ask.

enjoy your ride.
Mine has never failed me when I have asked it to be a truck.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81shark View Post

enjoy your ride.
Yeah the guys at work bust my nuts saying things like "Why'd you take the lawnmower deck off of it? I need to cut my yard." But I text them pictures of the trip odometer when the gas light comes on. So the back and forth is pretty fun.