1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Secondary Air Flow Sensor

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by John Gradick, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Aug 20, 2013 at 7:44 AM
    John Gradick

John Gradick [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    SR5
    Anybody know where to locate my secondary air flow sensor? Got a P2433 read on diagnostic...Open or short circuit/bad connection/failed sensor or vac hose/check valve failure...parts guy couldn't find it on his computer. I can't seem to find it anywhere online....thanks! 2006 Tacoma SR5 4cyl

2. Aug 20, 2013 at 7:24 PM
    Ga tacoguy

Ga tacoguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rudy
    Augusta Ga.
    Vehicle:
    Extended cab Base model 4 cyl
    Tailgate mod, horn mod,storage door mod
    :) Welcome To The Forum. I am sorry that you are having some problems with your Tacoma. The code that you have is related to the Air recirculation system for the emission control circuit. The most common item I would look for on your Engine is a leaking vacuum hose or a hose that is disconnected. Have you been working under the hood any lately ? You may have knocked off a hose or caused a hole in a old vacuum hose. If they are original, the vacuum hoses may be brittle and tired. I would look to this as your problem first, before you start messing with other items in the circuit. Good Luck..

3. Sep 30, 2018 at 8:39 AM
    12AC2.7

12AC2.7 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 access cab 2.7 4x4 5M
    TRD sport wheels, hitch+receiver
    Ga,

I have the same problem with my 2012 2.7. I recently had an LCE header installed and the truck came back with this code P2433. I brought to to Toyota and they say the code is caused by my new header.
    I have checked all the vacuum and air hoses, all in good order. As well I checked the pump. It is working correctly, on cold startup for a few seconds. I'm guessing my next place to check is the Air switching valve.

Anyone have any suggestions or tips for fixing this problem? So frustrated w/ Toyota and the cost of replacing these "know to break parts"

TC

Products Discussed in

To Top