Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Winter is coming!!

Old 09-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #21
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoTaco View Post
"Winter is coming!!"

LONG LIVE THE NORTH

Summers can last decades and winters a lifetime..

My bad this isn't a Game of Thrones Thread carry on.

I thought that he was referencing GoT too hahaha
Old 09-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #22
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonziGT230 View Post
The other way to get rid of snow is to swap the big heavy plow for a nice little compass and drive with it on "S" 'till you're warm.

Is it that obvious I don't like being cold?
Old 09-05-2013, 03:43 AM   #23
dcdlexmass is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcdlexmass is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcdlexmass is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcdlexmass is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcdlexmass is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcdlexmass is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcdlexmass is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcdlexmass is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcdlexmass is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcdlexmass is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcdlexmass is one of the sharper tools in the shed
dcdlexmass's Tacoma Gallery
Best to find used if at all possible.

New ones run well into the mid $4k range ... If you're lucky your may find a local used one for around $2k give or take.
You may have better luck locating a used Fisher light duty Homesteader or SnowDogg for your 2nd generation truck.
Although I would ten to stay away from the Homesteader if you're going to be pushing/back-dragging some real snow.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #24
work toy is on a distinguished road
Name: darren
work toy's Tacoma Gallery
theres a snowdogg on craigslist off a second gen in littleton mass think it was 2000 or so
Old 09-17-2013, 06:30 PM   #25
mrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mrbadwrench's Tacoma Gallery
I plow and remove snow semi commercially with a Snow Bear type plow. Works great, no problems. I use the truck for tight private drives, narrow areas, and other complex situations. Pushes snow 2 feet+ no problem. Back drags OK in snow 8" or less. So I usually keep up with the snow as it falls so I can backdrag no problem.

I have stock springs and I do not use any counter weight in the back. Works fine.

This year I will be upgrading to a Meyer Drive-Pro 7' because I want the power angle. It weighs 100 lbs more than the Snow Bear, so I'll report back if there are any problems. Hopefully it snows like crazy this year.

My snow killing fleet:

Old 09-18-2013, 08:00 PM   #26
work toy is on a distinguished road
Name: darren
work toy's Tacoma Gallery
Nice i got the same snow bear. Is yours twin pin mount or front receiver hitch?
Old 09-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #27
mrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mrbadwrench's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by work toy View Post
Nice i got the same snow bear. Is yours twin pin mount or front receiver hitch?
Twin pin mount, which I guess is the older style. It seems now they switched to the receiver hitch system, which I don't like because it's not as sturdy (Plow wiggles around more) and the receiver hitch hangs down lower in the front than the twin pin system does.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:19 PM   #28
Maineiack is on a distinguished road

Maineiack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbadwrench View Post
I plow and remove snow semi commercially with a Snow Bear type plow. Works great, no problems. I use the truck for tight private drives, narrow areas, and other complex situations. Pushes snow 2 feet+ no problem. Back drags OK in snow 8" or less. So I usually keep up with the snow as it falls so I can backdrag no problem.

I have stock springs and I do not use any counter weight in the back. Works fine.

This year I will be upgrading to a Meyer Drive-Pro 7' because I want the power angle. It weighs 100 lbs more than the Snow Bear, so I'll report back if there are any problems. Hopefully it snows like crazy this year.

My snow killing fleet:

Think my mind is made up.