Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

My build turned bad....

Old 08-30-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
Tacomasapper is on a distinguished road

Army: combat engineer
Tacomasapper's Tacoma Gallery
My build turned bad....

I do not have any pictures of it but I attempted to take off the front grille and paint it in a two tone black and white..... I was using the super white which was over a few coats of primer, instead of using a black paint I decided to give his plasti dip stuff a try....BIG MISTAKE it ate through 3 coats of clear coating, 3 coats of super white and bonded with the 3 coats of primer, Me not knowing this went to start peeling the excess that I didnt need and saw about 2 hours worth of waiting peel right off. That stuff is Garbage, ended up painting the whole thing white and looking to see if I have any options here, if there are any suggestions please I am open.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:03 PM   #2
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Let the paint dry really well then spray it with plastidip
Old 08-30-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
Tacomasapper is on a distinguished road

Army: combat engineer
Tacomasapper's Tacoma Gallery
Yea figured that was prolly my issue, but in place of trying a DIY grille mod, which I may make one for those of use who have the solid colored ones later on, I ordered a T-Rex billet grille and will end up sanding down and doing my current one right. by the way for carid.com does estimated ship date mean the day they send it out, or the day it should arrive, because it would be really nice to go home with a not crappy looking front end lol