Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Trading Tundra for Tacoma?

Old 09-09-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
bharv88 is on a distinguished road
bharv88's Tacoma Gallery
Trading Tundra for Tacoma?

Hey everyone, been a while since I've been here (well over a year) but in that time frame I've traded my 2.7 AC 4x4 for a 4.6 Tundra double cab. In all honesty, I regret it almost every day. Thinking of going back to a Taco and a 2.7 because I really liked that truck but got wide eyed for a V8 like an idiot lol. Anyway, I'm actually considering a regular cab this time as well as the AC. I know what I'm getting with the AC if I do it but am curious as to if anyone has traded from a Tundra to a RC taco? Thanks for your help!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #2
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
That'll teach ya.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #3
bharv88 is on a distinguished road
bharv88's Tacoma Gallery
Yes sir. I see you have a RC in your sig pic. Plenty of room for 2? It's just me and the wife
Old 09-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #4
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Plenty of room for two
Old 09-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #5
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I can't see you needing anything else.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #6
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
I would get a v6 access cab just for the power and extra space
Old 09-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #7

^^ Don't listen to him.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #9
CYCLESARGE will become famous soon enoughCYCLESARGE will become famous soon enough
CYCLESARGE's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't need the extra room or the extra power, I say go for it. When I was looking for a new truck, I kept thinking "well for a little more, I could get an access cab. Since I'm getting the AC, I might as well step up to the V6, Now that I'm looking at $26K, I may as well spend a little more for the TRD. O.K. I'm around $30K, and I don't even have the double cab? Better look at those too. In the end I reminded myself of what I NEED in a truck and got the RC for $19,900 OTD. With the money I saved over not buying the truck I didn't need, I saved enough I has able to buy a brand new Harley Nightster. I'll take that any day over the 2 extra doors I don't need, the 2 extra cylinders I don't need, etc.etc.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:46 PM   #10
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Wasn't a direct trade... there were a few vehicles in between.

I really wish I had an AC. I don't like having to open the shell every time we go shopping for pretty much anything. No AC back there so perishable food has to be the last stop of the day and beat feet home, no stopping for dinner on the way home.
Without a shell? ZERO lockable storage space... as insecure as the shell is, it's better than nothing.

I got the RC because it was what was available at a price I could afford... I had my choice between the '08 2.7 Taco with 53k on it and an '08 RC Tundra 4.0 with 65k on it.
I got the better of the two for my purposes, but I really don't care for the RC.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #11
1goindiesel is on a distinguished road
1goindiesel's Tacoma Gallery
I love my RC base 2wd trk. It just works well. For a few years now I have had a simple p/u for local/dog/runabout use (95 Isuzu, 04 Maz, now this one).
Its an 06 I got in April for $11k, now only has 32k on it and someone took great car of it.
Now having said that, I have a small 4x suv and a diesel wagon. If the trk was my only transport, I would honestly have to say I would want the access cab.
I have transfered the old Continental tall alum topper from each one now to this one. My wife calls it the Taco trk but because with the big side window that open out it looks like a concession trk , my daughter calls it the Pope mobile because there is just so much glass.
Great value, cold a/c, nice driver...whats not to like??

I digress, buy an extracab if that will be your only vehicle
Old 09-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #12
TL;DR BOSS
hour is a jewel in the roughhour is a jewel in the roughhour is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brandon
hour's Tacoma Gallery
Well i guess since you had a 4cyl, you know how it performs... I like the look of my regular cab but it is pretty inconvenient at times. I don't shuttle friends around really at all these days, but had to pick gf up the other weekend. That turned out to be her, her sister, and her sister's two friends. The two friends had to take a cab (but the bed of my truck is filled with sleeping platform and shit, or they would have ridden back there).. but with gf and her sister, plus my backpack all upfront, it was pretty uncomfortable.

This weekend, camping trip with 3 other guys.. means two cars no matter what, so that sucks. I'd rather have a little more power than extra seating if I had to choose between the two, but ultimately more power and space without having a giant truck would be ideal. I'm lucky to see 20mpg and struggle up any incline around here so the gas savings aren't worth it IMO. I'd rather have a tundra :P
Old 09-11-2013, 10:09 PM   #13
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
I made the switch from a big full-size V8 to a 4cyl tacoma. Of course it's not as fast, but tacomas are small enough, it moves it fine.

I'd highly suggest getting the AC though. I've had two single cab trucks. First was a f150. Next to no room for anything other then two people. Going on a trip, bags have to ride in the back. Stop anywhere, you always have to worry about someone snagging your goods out of the back. Shopping, only buy two bags worth, or you'll have groceries littered across your bed.
Then in a trade I got a nice Ranger single cab. Talk about miserable. Compact pickup in the single cab is next to impossible. I had room for nothing. I usually always have my helmet and gym bag in my truck, in a single cab that filled it up.
If it's going to be a daily driver don't get the RC.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:00 AM   #14
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
I got my 2010 Regular Cab automatic when my 1999 Extended Cab was totaled. It was what I could afford at the time. Don't get me wrong, it's a good truck, but I wish I had the inside storage space & bucket seats of an Access Cab.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:43 AM   #15
Don't Compromise; Notarize!
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a dog?

That alone made the Access Cab worth it for me. Girlfriend doesn't like having a soggy doggy sitting in her lap after a trip to the lake....
Plus, it gives me someplace to keep my GHB, tacklebox, and fishing pole. And someplace to put groceries, someplace to put the shotguns if we go shooting, a place for the rifle during deer season... The list goes on.

I had regular cab Nissans for years, then moved to an extended cab, and haven't looked back. Every truck I've had since 2007 has been an extended cab (for the record, that's 5), and I won't go back.