1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Clicking sound when clutch engaged

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by ecoterragaia, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Sep 29, 2013 at 2:24 PM
    ecoterragaia

ecoterragaia [OP] Everyone lives downstream.

Member:
    Central Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2006 RC 4X4 5 speed & 2021 4Runner SR5
    In the last couple of days Ive had a clicking/snapping sound in the vicinity of the bell housing whenever i release the clutch pedal. It's audible only when i have the windows open. It happens about once every 5 times the clutch is engaged, and never occurs while disengaging the clutch (i.e. only when releasing the pedal, not when depressing it). Ive pulled the rubber boot back where the release fork is and tried to pin down where the noise is coming from, but the space is too small to see into, even with a flashlight and mirror. I realize that I cant know for certain without dropping the trans, but i was hoping that maybe someone might have had this issue before and might know the cause.

I had a squeaky clutch before and remedied it by pushing the release fork foward and dabbing some teflon grease on the pivot point. The truck currently has 58,000 miles. Thanks!!!

2. Sep 30, 2013 at 7:16 PM
    TPain

TPain Boss

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    01 Supercharged
    There is only one way to fix this. After months of research at the college I have made a discovery. There is this tip/trick called the window mod. All you have to do is keep your windows closed.

3. Nov 25, 2017 at 8:51 PM
    matt 157

matt 157 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    California
    Vehicle:
    2003 Black Xtra Cab 4WD SR5 TRD
    Pioneer DEH 8400 head unit/deck, Crunch 1100 watt amp, 12" Kenwood subwoofer, Kicker mids & tweeters, AllPro front tube bumper, Smittybuilt tow hooks, (welded pipe for muffle) straight-pipe, 4 orange "Raptor" lights in grill, Duratrac tires, American Eagle rims, ProComp 2" front leveling kit, Plasi-Dipped black on chrome trim, PIAA fog lights w/ in-cab switch, Unidin CB/Firestik II/8 ohm PA speaker, TRD leather 5-speed shifter knob
    I know this is really old I’m sorry but this is one of the only threads I’ve found having the exact noise I’m experincing on my 03, did you ever come to a conclusion by chance?

Products Discussed in

To Top