1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

offroading stock

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by tacoma4296, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Oct 2, 2013 at 8:02 AM
    tacoma4296

tacoma4296 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    bobby
    Vehicle:
    2013 base access cab
    im new to this forum and im a new tacoma owner. ive only got 1000 miles on my '13 and offroading is already a daily routine. im impressed with how my taco does stock, rocky trails,steep hills, and streams are no problem. even mud is hardly an issue althought i got stuck in a swamp due to basic street tires. what are everyones thoughts on how their trucks do stock and post some pictures!

2. Nov 3, 2013 at 10:14 AM
    off road

off road Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Calif
    Vehicle:
    2015 Double Cab TRD OR 4X4 & 2013 Reg Cab Base 4X4
    New here as well. New 2013. Absolutely LOVE the minimalist approach they have taken with this truck! Obviously, they went to some lengths to keep this truck light.

Bone stock except for "yellow wire mod" and some BFG All Terrain T/A KO's (on the stock rims). Went with the same as stock size 245/75R16's, because I don't want to bog down the little engine with huge tires, or raise the "effective gearing". Have a LEER 100R shell on order as well.

So far (no mud or snow yet), the off-road performance has been superb. Deep desert sand (tires aired down some), rocky climbs in the mountains, or whatever, it has taken it all like a champ. Really impressed!

So far, can't see any reason to make a bunch of mods, except perhaps some added protection (front bumper, skids). We have mountain bikes, dirt bikes, and ATV's for hard core off-road, so no need to turn the little Tacoma into a rock crawler......

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top