Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

“Attention Regular Cab SR5 Owners”

Old 12-21-2011, 09:45 PM   #201
Tacomapro is on a distinguished road

Tacomapro's Tacoma Gallery
Nice oem fog light switch! Would you post something on buying and installing them. Did your truck already have a wire harness for the fog lamps?
Old 12-21-2011, 09:47 PM   #202
Tacomapro is on a distinguished road

Tacomapro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Updated...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM42090 View Post
New member here. 05 SR5 61k miles. This was the thread that inspired me to purchase a Prerunner SR5 instead of the base 5 lugger! It feels good to be able to post on here as I'm really enjoying my truck even though it's only been 5 days with it!

BTW anyone know this hitch? Does not look like it's OEM to me. Did Reg cab Prerunner SR5's come with this hitch factory? I checked under the truck and there is not harness to be found.

Nice truck, love the bucket seats!
Old 12-22-2011, 06:44 AM   #203
blatant is on a distinguished road
blatant's Tacoma Gallery
that hitch is not oem and it looks to be the wrong hitch for that truck. the top of the hitch, above the receiver has a flat piece with holes that should flush up under your bumper step and then two monster bolts should go thru from the top of the bumper thru the add on hitch and snug up with big bolts. That thing just looks stuck on there. then again what do i know...but i sure would't want to tow with it or be strapped by it.

edit: snug up with big fat nuts, not bolts...nuts. it should snug with nuts...my bad, all is right but i meant nuts. bolts go into nuts to snug...
Old 04-23-2012, 10:33 PM   #204
Toyota Nut
ChiTownTRD has a spectacular aura aboutChiTownTRD has a spectacular aura about

ChiTownTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blatant View Post
that hitch is not oem and it looks to be the wrong hitch for that truck. the top of the hitch, above the receiver has a flat piece with holes that should flush up under your bumper step and then two monster bolts should go thru from the top of the bumper thru the add on hitch and snug up with big bolts. That thing just looks stuck on there. then again what do i know...but i sure would't want to tow with it or be strapped by it.

How can you tell from these pictures
Old 04-24-2012, 06:48 AM   #205
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
265/70/16s, flaps trimmed, rec hitch, oem exh tip & mostly debadged recent trip pics...

Old 04-24-2012, 06:57 PM   #206
amack8024 is on a distinguished road
amack8024's Tacoma Gallery
Just washed it and had to take some pics cause it wont be clean long...
Attached Thumbnails
“Attention Regular Cab SR5 Owners”-p1000283.jpg   “Attention Regular Cab SR5 Owners”-p1000284.jpg   “Attention Regular Cab SR5 Owners”-p1000286.jpg   “Attention Regular Cab SR5 Owners”-p1000289.jpg  
Old 04-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #207
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
Sometimes I wish my truck still looked like that.

Nice pics amack.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:49 PM   #208
blatant's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownTRD View Post
it's just not correct. If you look at any oem hitch (they have a long horizontal piece that is flush up against the bottom of the bumper as well) or any other correct after market hitch, you can tell in a second.

that is some cobbled together sh it....someone was mis led on that deal, unfortunately. That there is not a safe move, the hitch needs to fit correctly in ALL locations.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:47 AM   #209
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownTRD View Post
Ummmm, the drawtite sticker is kind of a dead giveaway of it being aftermarket. My 05 had the same type hitch as in the pic. It wasn't bolted to the bumper and didn't even have a horizontal bar for it to do so, it was just bolted together to the frame with the bumper. It is not a cobbled together piece of shit. Here's a pic of it on the old truck........

It worked fine for everything, even this............

note: plate blocked in one pic and not in the other = IDGAF (I don't give a fuck)
Old 04-25-2012, 07:39 AM   #210
blatant's Tacoma Gallery
so it worked fine for driving up on a log. awesome.

i wouldn't tow anything of worth with it.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:51 AM   #211
Toyota Nut
ChiTownTRD has a spectacular aura aboutChiTownTRD has a spectacular aura about

ChiTownTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

What is wrong with a hitch that is attached to the frame of the truck, the OEM one is tied to the frame also You are not making any sense and you are muddying up the thread.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #212
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote:

It worked fine as a recovery point smart fuck, see the shackle? It also worked fine pulling any shit within the truck's limits and pulled a couple of people out with the recovery hitch and a buddy's car 50 miles home for free when his full size car broke down. I didn't try to pull any mobile homes or trains with it tho. And of course you wouldn't tow anything with it because A. you said you wouldn't have one & B. Wouldn't be driving anything of mine.......so what the troll fuck evar.