Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Weekend Adventure

Old 03-21-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Weekend Adventure

Friday after classes me and a buddy took a short trip to harrisonburg VA to meet visit our friends at another college, fish and have some fun. I decided to take the taco up our land in west virginia. The once decent road to our hunting cabin is extremely steep. The loose clay and shale soil has eroded a huge amount in the 50 years it has served as a road leaving deep ruts in the already steep road. There are also extremely steep clearing for a gas pipeline. I was skeptical about my 4 banger making it up either, especially after it stalled out trying to make it up the first hill in 4WHI. I rolled down to the bottom and engaged LO and didnt have a single issue the whole day. I must say I have been EXTREMELY impressed with my 5 speed base model 4x4. First on the beach, no problems on sand with tires at 30 psi, now no problem on the mild offroading of our hunting land or putting 3 fresh trout in my freezer by towing the boat! Any buyers remorse I ever had about setting for the Taco I got for an awesome price has been demolished!

End of my Positive rant
Old 03-21-2009, 09:33 PM   #2
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
Friday after classes me and a buddy took a short trip to harrisonburg VA to meet visit our friends at another college, fish and have some fun. I decided to take the taco up our land in west virginia. The once decent road to our hunting cabin is extremely steep. The loose clay and shale soil has eroded a huge amount in the 50 years it has served as a road leaving deep ruts in the already steep road. There are also extremely steep clearing for a gas pipeline. I was skeptical about my 4 banger making it up either, especially after it stalled out trying to make it up the first hill in 4WHI. I rolled down to the bottom and engaged LO and didnt have a single issue the whole day. I must say I have been EXTREMELY impressed with my 5 speed base model 4x4. First on the beach, no problems on sand with tires at 30 psi, now no problem on the mild offroading of our hunting land or putting 3 fresh trout in my freezer by towing the boat! Any buyers remorse I ever had about setting for the Taco I got for an awesome price has been demolished!

End of my Positive rant
Glad to hear it
Your own off road land
Old 03-21-2009, 09:48 PM   #3
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchaka View Post
Glad to hear it
Your own off road land
Thanks! I knew as soon as I got excited at how well it performed I wish i would have had my camera. So to anticipate any posts, I'll be the first to admit