Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

5 lug exhaust help??

Old 03-10-2014, 07:38 PM   #1
Will922 is on a distinguished road
Will922's Tacoma Gallery
5 lug exhaust help??

I have a 2007 5 lug 4 cylinder access cab tacoma and was looking into getting the readylift kit and bigger tires. Might as well get a new exhaust along with that. Can I fit any exhaust on it or does it need to be a specific one for these 5 lug access cab tacomas? I'm looking for not a loud one but one that's more of a deep growl. Any recommendations?

Any help? Thanks - Will
Old 03-10-2014, 08:51 PM   #2
Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BRENDEN
Brendo Ballz808's Tacoma Gallery
You can leave the stock piping and have a muffler welding into place where the stock one is located or could buy a full cat back exhaust option really are open on exhaust depends on budget and the sound you want
Old 03-10-2014, 10:34 PM   #3
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will922 View Post
I have a 2007 5 lug 4 cylinder access cab tacoma and was looking into getting the readylift kit and bigger tires. Might as well get a new exhaust along with that. Can I fit any exhaust on it or does it need to be a specific one for these 5 lug access cab tacomas? I'm looking for not a loud one but one that's more of a deep growl. Any recommendations?

Any help? Thanks - Will
The stock mandrel bent exhaust tubing is actually quite nice, so having an aftermarket muffler welded in is an inexpensive option that can yield good results depending on which muffler you choose.

Have a listen to this thread of 4 cylinder exhaust sound clips. It might help you to decide what you like.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4-c...und-clips.html
Old 03-10-2014, 10:36 PM   #4
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud of

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
I did a magnaflow on my 2.7 when I had it, left the stock pipe in place and put in the new one.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:45 AM   #5
Taco47 is on a distinguished road

Taco47's Tacoma Gallery
Piping and exhaust components on my 2.7 are all 2.5", mangaflow high flow cat, 18" magnaflow straight through muffler. Down shift and let off the gas and you can hear a light backfire rumble. Definitely has a throaty high flow pitch to it. Ive had a magnaflow muffler welded to my stock frontier's exhaust and it had a annoying drone to it. The frontier didnt have the throaty, light rasp, high flow pitch I get with my 2.7. Piping and cat make a big different in the direction you want to go.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:35 AM   #6
Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BRENDEN
Brendo Ballz808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco47 View Post
Piping and exhaust components on my 2.7 are all 2.5", mangaflow high flow cat, 18" magnaflow straight through muffler. Down shift and let off the gas and you can hear a light backfire rumble. Definitely has a throaty high flow pitch to it. Ive had a magnaflow muffler welded to my stock frontier's exhaust and it had a annoying drone to it. The frontier didnt have the throaty, light rasp, high flow pitch I get with my 2.7. Piping and cat make a big different in the direction you want to go.
Exactly how mines is backfire but deep sound that doesn't drone unless going over 70 but still then not bad