Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Just got my LCE header

Old 04-10-2014, 05:56 PM   #1
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
Just got my LCE header

Now just waiting for the install.
Attached Thumbnails
Just got my LCE header-image.jpg  
Old 04-11-2014, 11:03 AM   #2
Large Breast Enthusiast
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
congrats brah. my favorite mod of all time for my 2.7
Old 04-11-2014, 03:12 PM   #3
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE STRAIT View Post
congrats brah. my favorite mod of all time for my 2.7
Thanks. Gonna be a while though before the install. Have some front diff and cv issues to deal with first.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:42 AM   #4
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbah57 View Post
Now just waiting for the install.

Looks like they improved the strength of the header with sleeving. The runners on mine are butt welded.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:44 AM   #5
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post

Looks like they improved the strength of the header with sleeving. The runners on mine are butt welded.

I want this thing to be on already
Old 04-14-2014, 11:13 AM   #6
dispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
dispatch55126's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice! Are you going to wrap the header?
Old 04-14-2014, 12:23 PM   #7
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Installation is quite simple and straightforward. Remove the two spring bolts on the bottom first...

They're the hardest to get off. Everything else is easy. I padded the area with old rags so as to be able to install the header without a scratch.

Also don't get any grease or oil on it as it burns and darkens the finish. This was the LCE header on my old 1996 Taco after 10 years. It still looks like it's almost new.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:39 PM   #8
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY

Thanks for the advice. I still need to take care of my leaking front diff and jacked up drivers side cv axle before I play with this header.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:48 PM   #9
nettto is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
nettto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
Installation is quite simple and straightforward. Remove the two spring bolts on the bottom first....

They're the hardest to get off. Everything else is easy. I padded the area with old rags so as to be able to install the header without a scratch.
To swap back to stock for a smog test, did you use any anti-seize or loctite on the bolts? How about for the intake spacer?
Old 04-14-2014, 05:32 PM   #10
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nettto View Post
To swap back to stock for a smog test, did you use any anti-seize or loctite on the bolts? How about for the intake spacer?
I only used anti seize on the two lower spring bolts, but I'm hoping that in the next few years LCE gets their header smog approved before I need to test. My spacer stays on because it's buried under so many wires and hoses it won't even be noticed. I'll need to reinstall the stock intake, but all that needs is a short coupling to add an extra couple of inches to the filter box.

Greg
Old 04-14-2014, 07:40 PM   #11
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY

No smog here in Hawaii so won't have to remove
Old 04-24-2014, 09:21 PM   #12
Kwik is on a distinguished road
Name: Kyle
Kwik's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone gotten a dyno on their truck since the LCE header installation. I just put mine on and noticed quite a bit of difference in low end torque. I am curious to find out the exact gain in HP and torque. Any one know?
Thanks!!
Old 04-25-2014, 06:46 PM   #13
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwik View Post
Has anyone gotten a dyno on their truck since the LCE header installation. I just put mine on and noticed quite a bit of difference in low end torque. I am curious to find out the exact gain in HP and torque. Any one know?
Thanks!!
I dyno tested mine and used a stock 2.7 dyno test that was already posted on the forum as a baseline.

Stock exhaust manifold and stock exhaust makes:

119 HP and 133ftlb @ 3,800 rpms

Blue line is with the LCE header and stock exhaust:

135HP and 158ftlb @ 3,150 rpms

The red line is with the LCE header, stock exhaust, and a tooter intake manifold spacer

137HP and 160 ftlb @ 2,900 rpms

The LCE header lowered your torque peak by 650 rpm and added 25 ftlb of torque. That's what you're feeling when you drive.

Greg
Old 04-27-2014, 06:46 PM   #14
Kwik's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for posting that. That its really cool to see!
Old 04-27-2014, 09:40 PM   #15
eivad1 is on a distinguished road
Name: dave
eivad1's Tacoma Gallery
is that pretty much the best header out, i see theres no hole n the middle on the flange, is that smog thing
Old 04-29-2014, 12:03 AM   #16
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eivad1 View Post
is that pretty much the best header out,
In my opinion it is.

Another 2.7 header is the Doug Thorley, but it's a short tube and raises the torque peak up to 4,000 rpm...

...whereas the LCE long tube lowers the torque peak down to 3,150 rpm.

Quote:
i see theres no hole n the middle on the flange, is that smog thing
They both use all of the stock air injection smog equipment. One advantage of the DT is that it is smog legal, whereas the LCE is not.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:58 PM   #17
Kwik's Tacoma Gallery
Will the LCE header still pass emissions?
Old 04-29-2014, 08:10 PM   #18
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. It has all the same smog air pump passages to each port as the stock exhaust manifold...

...but it won't pass physical inspection because, where I live, it has to be listed by California Air Resources Board as approved with its own reference number. Where you are may be a different situation.

Greg
Old 04-29-2014, 09:09 PM   #19
Kwik's Tacoma Gallery
That is a relief because it would be a pain to have to put the stock exhaust manifold back on for every emissions test.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:11 PM   #20
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwik View Post
That is a relief because it would be a pain to have to put the stock exhaust manifold back on for every emissions test.
Not a pain at all anti seize the studs bolts.