1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Poor Heat During Cold Months

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by bwana49, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Apr 16, 2014 at 4:29 PM
    bwana49

bwana49 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I never did update everyone on the problems I had over the winter with my 4x4 ac 4cyl 5 sp. Took forever to heat up anytime the temp got under 20 degrees. To describe it as someone put it "It's like someone flips a switch to keep it from warming up".

The dealer told me everything was fine but it took sometimes 10 miles to get the cab warm.

But, one day at 15 degrees I had a friend with me. The words out of his mouth were "I'm freezing, you have to be kidding"! What he did next was turn the mode to dash and floor and put the fan on highest setting.

In this mode the truck heats up in half the time. I do not know if the floor vent is plugged or not but this method took care of the problem.

2. Apr 16, 2014 at 7:24 PM
    dispatch55126

dispatch55126 Well-Known Member

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    2004 Xtracab SR5
    Complete OME kit w/ 881's and dakars. All-Pro Sliders, CB, HAM Radio and various other minor stuff.
    What is the fan speed on thd setting thats doesn't work? Not sure how the Tacoma switches between settings but it sounds like a vacuum leak, bad contact in the switch or bad relay. It should't be the blower motor resistor or hot water switch on the firewall since it does work on some settings.

3. Apr 17, 2014 at 5:55 AM
    bwana49

bwana49 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    It's heading back to the dealer, as it is still covered. I'm betting something is restricting the air flow when directed at the floor. Really wish I'd have found this problem 2 months ago.

Products Discussed in

To Top