1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2TR-FE Valve Cover Gasket advise / help

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by TurboBoss, May 18, 2014.

1. May 18, 2014 at 6:19 PM
    TurboBoss

TurboBoss [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Panama Rep. of Panama - Central America
    Hey Guys,

I have a 2007 Toyota Prado with 2TR-FE 4 Cylinder 2.7

Can you help me with who in USA is the best place and also have good prices to order the Valve Cover gasket? Any advise on part brand to get?

I have been looking in e-bay and doing some search but I dont find anything :(

Also, Is there is a DYI for changing the valve gasket?

Included here is a photo of my engine:

[​IMG]

THX,

Isaac

2. May 18, 2014 at 6:38 PM
    nickonfire700

nickonfire700 Reg. Cab Nation Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    05 Reg Cab SR5 4x4
    Satoshi grill, 3rd Gen TRDOR Bucket Seats, TRD front skid plate, TRD Beadlock Wheels, TRD Exhaust, OEM bed mat, LCE Header, LCE Balance Shaft Delete, ECGS front diff bushing, TRD Sport LSD rear diff, Diode Dynamics SS3 Sport fog lights, Stainless Steel Brake-lines, No A/C with Defrost mod, 2014 OEM Radio, Illuminating 4x4 switch, Various LEDs, UWS Toolbox, Proven Design Products Mudflaps, Bilstein 8112 front Coilovers w/ rear Bilstein 5125's/IronMan lift leaf springs, Archive Garage Hammer Hangers, JBAs HD UCAs, SOS Bolt-On rock sliders, TRD bedside decals, ImMrYo Mirror Bracket, Relocated rear diff breather, 2019 Steering wheel, color matched door handles
    I have changed mine, but only because I changed the coil pack gasket as well. It was very easy to do and I was done in about an hour. I ordered both gaskets from my local dealer, but you might want to try Camelback Toyota, as they have good prices, but you have to check to see if they ship to Central America first. Other than Toyota dealers, you might be able to find aftermarket gaskets, but :notsure:.
    Good luck

3. May 18, 2014 at 6:41 PM
    Fordless

Fordless Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra DC SR5+
    Before buying a new gasket you may want to try retorqueing the valve cover bolts. Sometimes they back off just a little and allow the valve cover to seep. Just make sure not to over torque them. I usually use a 1/4" drive ratchet to avoid over tightening. If that doesn't work I have gotten good service out of these guys.
    http://parts.camelbacktoyota.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=214329

4. May 18, 2014 at 6:55 PM
    TurboBoss

Member:
    Hey Nick On Fire,

Thx for the info. I have a PO BOX in Miami FL so shipping is not a problem.

Usually the valve gasket I have change in other engines come with the outer gasket and (inner circles gasket) the round gaskets where the spark plugs holes are.

Is these inner circles gasket are what you are referring to the "coil pack gasket" ? Is this come in the same Valve Cover Gasket package or do I need to order it separately?

I just want to know so I can order both parts and change them together at the same time.

THX,

for your time and help,

Isaac

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  5. May 18, 2014 at 7:28 PM
    TurboBoss

Member:
    Are you referring to: No. 2 and No. 3

These is what I going to order. Do I need to order anything else?

THX,

Isaac

ToyotaValveCover_zps49eaa8ea_a147b3ecefbd972b5faba980c8bbb970a2d68206.jpg

6. May 19, 2014 at 6:35 AM
    nickonfire700

nickonfire700 Reg. Cab Nation Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    05 Reg Cab SR5 4x4
    Satoshi grill, 3rd Gen TRDOR Bucket Seats, TRD front skid plate, TRD Beadlock Wheels, TRD Exhaust, OEM bed mat, LCE Header, LCE Balance Shaft Delete, ECGS front diff bushing, TRD Sport LSD rear diff, Diode Dynamics SS3 Sport fog lights, Stainless Steel Brake-lines, No A/C with Defrost mod, 2014 OEM Radio, Illuminating 4x4 switch, Various LEDs, UWS Toolbox, Proven Design Products Mudflaps, Bilstein 8112 front Coilovers w/ rear Bilstein 5125's/IronMan lift leaf springs, Archive Garage Hammer Hangers, JBAs HD UCAs, SOS Bolt-On rock sliders, TRD bedside decals, ImMrYo Mirror Bracket, Relocated rear diff breather, 2019 Steering wheel, color matched door handles
    TurboBoss, #2 and #3 are correct. They both come separately. You do need to order anything else to replace the gaskets. I am not sure why I called it the coil pack gasket, I think someone at the parts department called it that. But good luck when you fix it! :thumbsup:

Last edited: May 19, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top