1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Shaking

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by duggravs, May 18, 2014.

1. May 18, 2014 at 7:14 PM
    duggravs

duggravs [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ricky
    torrance, ca
    Vehicle:
    stock 2004 prerunner
    airbox mod
    What's up everyone. I'm new to this site. And I can't find a solid answer.

I have a 2004 2.7 when I first start up. The motor has a pretty bad shake for about 30sec then it goes back to normal. I haven't noticed any power loss or mpg loss ether.
    Iv read that it could be the maf sensor, spark plugs or that I had to clean my throttle body.
    I just ran some seafoam threw the tank not to long ago. And it didn't help the shaking.
    Has anyone one else had this problem?

2. May 19, 2014 at 8:08 AM
    duggravs

Member:
    First Name:
    ricky
    torrance, ca
    Vehicle:
    stock 2004 prerunner
    airbox mod
    Has anyone delt with this?

3. May 19, 2014 at 8:32 AM
    gearcruncher

gearcruncher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Canadain bumper technician
    Great white North 51.0333° N, 93.8333° W
    Vehicle:
    2010.TRD.SportDCLB4x4Limited leather package
    TRD Sport Rally -5 speed automatic Limited ,Factory heated leather seats ,chrome package,Super white with front windows tinted to 35 % Dick Cepek DC-2 wheels Summer tires - Good year silent armor P265/65R17 Winter tires - Good year P265/65R17 Ultra Ice studded Illuminated 4x4 switch TRD 3rd brake light cover ($20) TRD seat belt shoulder protectors (5). ($50) TRD ...B pillar emblems ($20) TRD rear slider sticker with devil horns ( $6) TRD summer floor matts ($60) TRD steering wheel emblem ($20) TRD floor pedals .($95) TRD shorty antenna ($14) TRD front Windshield emblems ($17) TRD head pillows .($60) TRD head rest protectors TRD door scuff protection $20 TRD floor matt emblems ($40) TRD tow plug emblem . ($40) TRD cigarette lighter with LED.($35) TRD tissue dispenser ($12) TRD front bezel emblems ($9) TRD door emblems ($6) TRD lanyards($9) TRD lisence plates with TRD bolts($50) TRD fender emblems TRD center caps Part Number:PT904-35070-CC ($80) TRD cd
    When was your last tune up ...denso spark plugs , spark plug wires , fuel filter , air filter?
    Its a great idea to clean your mass air flow sensor , idle air control motor and throttle body . Try these first as they will set a baseline . Its all preventative maintenance .

4. May 19, 2014 at 5:27 PM
    duggravs

Member:
    First Name:
    ricky
    torrance, ca
    Vehicle:
    stock 2004 prerunner
    airbox mod
    I have a k&n filter. it's a little dirty not worth the time to clean just yet. And I just changed the plugs to ngk iridium and I cleaned the tb and the intake opening.
    I'm going to see what happens tomorrow morning. I hope that fixed the problem.

Products Discussed in

To Top