Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Auto swap

Old 05-30-2014, 10:18 PM   #1
Tommy2spd has much to be proud ofTommy2spd has much to be proud ofTommy2spd has much to be proud ofTommy2spd has much to be proud ofTommy2spd has much to be proud ofTommy2spd has much to be proud ofTommy2spd has much to be proud ofTommy2spd has much to be proud ofTommy2spd has much to be proud of
Tommy2spd's Tacoma Gallery
Auto swap

Need advice. I have a 97 4wd that was originally a 3.4 5 speed truck and now is a 2.7. Now I want a auto. I know this is backwards of what is typically done but the 3.4's don't hold up near as well as the 4 so i went the latter. My question is the 97 has coil packs but a cable driven speedo, what year is a direct harness swap? I have a complete 01 prerunner for parts but I want a plug and play swap. The 2.7 plugged right in where the 3.4 was, I would like to find someone with a same year auto who'd trade.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:04 AM   #2
Dragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Dragons Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have an answer for ya, but replying because I want to see more of your LT rear truck.
Y'all come back now, ya hear?
Old 07-03-2014, 02:34 PM   #3
Fordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: USAF Civilian
Name: Jack
Fordless's Tacoma Gallery
If you want a plug and play harness your probably gonna have to go with a 97-99 6lug.