Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Decent 2 inch lift?

Old 06-02-2014, 04:02 AM   #1
Tasty Taco
TacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mitch
TacoMitch93's Tacoma Gallery
Decent 2 inch lift?

I'm thinking about a lift, like most guys with trucks I'm sure.. I want to stay away from coilover spacers because as far as I know they pinch ball joins and wear time out faster? Correct me if I'm wrong. But the thing is when it comes to 2 inch lifts... you really only get spacers and stuff along those lines? you have to go like 6 inch to get all the good stuff! haha

I'm not overly concerned about the price (to a certain extent) I would rather save for awhile and get something pricy and worth it than something cheap that's going to give me problems.

A few sites? brands or something I could use as a starting point would be awesome!
Old 06-02-2014, 04:27 AM   #2
Kermit
SVHANC is on a distinguished road

Name: Sam
SVHANC's Tacoma Gallery
5100s and the 4 leaf rear? That gave me pretty close to 2".
Old 06-02-2014, 04:36 AM   #3
DESTROYERRACER is on a distinguished road

Name: Sean
DESTROYERRACER's Tacoma Gallery
Old Man Emu 90000s and 885s probably for your application....dakar or wheelers leafs maybe with some Bilsteins
Old 06-02-2014, 04:48 AM   #4
Tasty Taco
TacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVHANC View Post
5100s and the 4 leaf rear? That gave me pretty close to 2".
Are the 5100's an adjustable shock? still kind of a newbie to the lifting world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESTROYERRACER View Post
Old Man Emu 90000s and 885s probably for your application....dakar or wheelers leafs maybe with some Bilsteins
Is the Old Man Emu 90000s and 885's just the front?
Old 06-02-2014, 09:14 AM   #5
nfranco is a splendid one to beholdnfranco is a splendid one to beholdnfranco is a splendid one to beholdnfranco is a splendid one to beholdnfranco is a splendid one to beholdnfranco is a splendid one to beholdnfranco is a splendid one to beholdnfranco is a splendid one to behold
nfranco's Tacoma Gallery
We're happy with our OME kit.
Give Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters a call. He'll talk you through what you need.
http://cruiseroutfitters.com
Old 06-02-2014, 07:56 PM   #6
tacolibre9 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jeff
tacolibre9's Tacoma Gallery
Idk about 2in lifts but i put the fabtech 3in spindle lift and add a leaf kit from 4wheelparts.com on my 5 lug and it did the trick for when I head to the desert and made the ride better on the street. SUper easy install best intro lift imo.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:45 PM   #7
ghs57 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chops
ghs57's Tacoma Gallery
ome 880s and wheeler's 5 leaf pack gave me between 1 - 2 inches. I like the ride
Old 06-03-2014, 03:23 AM   #8
Tasty Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacolibre9 View Post
Idk about 2in lifts but i put the fabtech 3in spindle lift and add a leaf kit from 4wheelparts.com on my 5 lug and it did the trick for when I head to the desert and made the ride better on the street. SUper easy install best intro lift imo.
I checked but all I could find was 6" lifts.. I did just wake up and haven't had my coffee yet though. Do you mind sending me the link to your kit? Or do you think I can't find it because yours is 5 lug and mine is 6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghs57 View Post
ome 880s and wheeler's 5 leaf pack gave me between 1 - 2 inches. I like the ride
Okay I'll have to take a look! thanks!

Most of the kits I'm looking at don't do anything for the ball joints, I'm trying to avoid premature wear on them, does it wear them out a lot faster? I know a guy with a 1.5 inch leveling kit in his tundra, hes only had it in a bout a year and a half and he needs ball joints. I don't know if it was the kit that wore them out or if they were gone before that.. I wouldn't mind going higher if it means it'll be easier to compensate for the ball joints, and the truck could handle it (the 2.7 already seems to be lacking).
Old 06-03-2014, 06:59 AM   #9
FL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
FL Forester's Tacoma Gallery
If you are going higher than 2 inches you need to look at new upper control arms as well. The OME 884 springs should give you around 2 inches of lift.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:47 AM   #10
Tasty Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Forester View Post
If you are going higher than 2 inches you need to look at new upper control arms as well. The OME 884 springs should give you around 2 inches of lift.
I've been looking at UCA's and two get spoken about a lot, the LT and TC.. TC is a lot more expensive but it seems to be much better? That's what I was planning on going with.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:26 AM   #11

[QUOTE=TacoMitch93;8739911]I checked but all I could find was 6" lifts.. I did just wake up and haven't had my coffee yet though. Do you mind sending me the link to your kit? Or do you think I can't find it because yours is 5 lug and mine is 6?

Hmm ya the 6 lug might make it more difficult to find a small kit but here's a link to a daystar 2 1/2 kit i found

http://www.offroadunlimited.com/orus...dproduct=16011
Old 06-03-2014, 09:31 AM   #12
Swamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Swamp Donkey's Tacoma Gallery
I have the complete iromman 2" lift on my truck.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...nman-lift.html

All the powder coating is off my front springs. They are no longer yellow. They are rusty. But I use my truck in a lot more extreme conditions than 98% of the tacoma owners on this site.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:23 AM   #13
Tasty Taco

[QUOTE=tacolibre9;8740671]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMitch93 View Post
I checked but all I could find was 6" lifts.. I did just wake up and haven't had my coffee yet though. Do you mind sending me the link to your kit? Or do you think I can't find it because yours is 5 lug and mine is 6?

Hmm ya the 6 lug might make it more difficult to find a small kit but here's a link to a daystar 2 1/2 kit i found

http://www.offroadunlimited.com/orus...dproduct=16011
Sadly my trucks a 2009, that kit wont fit it either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Donkey View Post
I have the complete iromman 2" lift on my truck.

All the powder coating is off my front springs. They are no longer yellow. They are rusty. But I use my truck in a lot more extreme conditions than 98% of the tacoma owners on this site.
That kit seems to be about the same price as the 5100's.

Is Bilstein a better name? I know the TRD come with those shocks already.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:12 PM   #14

That's a bummer its hard to find good stuff for the smaller trucks, especially newer ones no one has made pre fab parts for. Well good luck I hope you get your taco at the ride height you want post pics when you find it.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:14 PM   #15
(Not the real George Strait)
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
fox 2.0 shocks are 2 inches and add 25% travel
Old 06-04-2014, 02:25 PM   #16
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE STRAIT View Post
fox 2.0 shocks are 2 inches and add 25% travel
I call BS on that, 25% would equate to roughly 2" additional travel. Just not happening regardless what the product description might indicate.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:33 PM   #17
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking into the same and have 3 options in mind, cheapest to pricey:

5100's with 884's and wheelers progressive 1.5" AAL
www.wheelersoffroad.com

Ironman 4x4 2" lift kit ( Kit with everything you need! Makes it easy! ) Reviews: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...x4-2-lift.html

http://www.headstrongoffroad.com/iro...-05-6-lug.html

Icon/Fox Coilovers set for a 2" lift with Ironman ^ leaf pack & Icon/Fox rear shocks

Hope this helps OP!
Old 06-04-2014, 04:30 PM   #18
Tasty Taco

I'm torn between the 5100 and a OME kit. The OME kit is a lot more expensive.. but That iron man kit is right in between.... THESE DECISIONS ARE GOING TO KILL ME
Old 06-09-2014, 12:13 PM   #19
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think you can go wrong either way. If you have the money though, I'd opt for a "kit" like the OME or Ironman so you get everything you need at once. and it was all engineered to work together. Good Luck! Post up what you decide to go with.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:30 PM   #20
TheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TheGoat's Tacoma Gallery
I'll drop a positive on OME. great kit and not a bad install. You will like it better than the bilstein, they're basically just a spacer lift if you use the stock springs.