Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Valve/lifter Niose

Old 06-11-2014, 01:19 PM   #1
XLR8NC6 is on a distinguished road
Name: Shalen
XLR8NC6's Tacoma Gallery
Valve/lifter Niose

I had my Head resurfaced and valve job done along with Piston,rings and berings replaced.

I had only driven 120 miles since when the heater core hose busted that dumped all coolant overheating the engine. Replaced all hoses,fan clutch and radiator .....figured get all done.

Now I hear ticking noise from the top end which definitely sounds like lifter or valve noise.

My question is that is it possible the oveheating damaged the head? there is no head gasket leak.. Thanks in advance
Old 06-12-2014, 07:38 AM   #2
Fordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: USAF Civilian
Name: Jack
Fordless's Tacoma Gallery
One of your lifters may not be shimmed properly, causing too much clearance and ticking as a result. I would recommend having them all measured and reshimmed to spec.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:44 PM   #3
PaulHarke is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
PaulHarke's Tacoma Gallery
was this repaired at a shop? if so you shoould be able to take it right back and the issude handled at no cost