Notices

stock exhaust mods??

Old 06-13-2014, 03:03 PM   #1
C Simpson is on a distinguished road
Army: 101st Airborne
Name: Caleb
C Simpson's Tacoma Gallery
stock exhaust mods??

Just got an 07 2.7 single cab taco! Not really strict on emissions in TN so what can I do to the stock set up for a little more growl? Just looking for a saturday project haha
Old 06-13-2014, 03:07 PM   #2
o0o Flaming Skull Member o0o
o0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shadow
o0oSHADOWo0o's Tacoma Gallery
Cut a big hole in the muffler?
Old 06-13-2014, 03:14 PM   #3
haha maybe. How far back can I just take off and still have enough back pressure
Old 06-13-2014, 03:24 PM   #4
Pavement Princess
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 6 cyl. and just removed the muffler.....very cheap option.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:30 PM   #5
braaAAAP
shipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Simpson View Post
Just got an 07 2.7 single cab taco! Not really strict on emissions in TN so what can I do to the stock set up for a little more growl? Just looking for a saturday project haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0oSHADOWo0o View Post
Cut a big hole in the muffler?
Lol mine has some holes in it from being old and crusty so it actually doesn't sound too bad, little bit of grumble but not overwhelming or annoying
Old 06-13-2014, 03:51 PM   #6
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha maybe. How far back can I just take off and still have enough back pressure
When I ran the stock muffler, I cut the pipe so as to make a turndown after the rear axle. It was nice as everything remained tucked up underneath the truck, and it was still really quiet even with the short pipe.

If you want just a little more sound, you could leave your pipe long and have a good sized aftermarket muffler installed. I presently run a large 5x11 MagneFlow 22 inch long body muffler I got off ebay, and it's really deep and mellow sounding with no cab drone.

But if you install a louder muffler and cut your exhaust pipe short, you'll get the dreaded cab drone for sure.

Greg
Old 06-14-2014, 06:04 AM   #7
Oh nice that looks really good. I think I'm going too pull it today so Ill let you know how it turns out!
Old 06-14-2014, 06:07 AM   #8
Tooter also really impressive manifold spacer. Do you machine all that yourself??
Old 06-14-2014, 07:21 PM   #9
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Tooter also really impressive manifold spacer. Do you machine all that yourself??
Thanks for the kind words, C... but I can only take credit for the basic design idea. The CNC engineer used to work for the Ford Motor Company designing intake manifolds. So he had free rein on implementing the idea as he saw fit. He's a perfectionist and did an absolutely beautiful job of it.

Greg
Old 06-16-2014, 11:24 PM   #10
TacomaLover is on a distinguished road

Name: Preston
TacomaLover's Tacoma Gallery
mine was straigh piped for a while and if i was going down a hill not giving it any gas it would gargle, or if you let out in first it would. it was a deep sound.