Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Intake

Old 07-05-2014, 01:09 AM   #1
Poe is on a distinguished road

Name: Michael
Poe's Tacoma Gallery
Intake

Any Cold Air Intakes for a 2014 4 banger yet? Ive been looking around for an exhaust and cold air but yet to find any. Mainly want a cold air atm looked on K&n & Volant Nothing...
Old 07-05-2014, 01:13 AM   #2

Poe's Tacoma Gallery
Would this work on my truck? its for a 2013
http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?prod=63-9026
Old 07-05-2014, 03:17 AM   #3
Yotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connal
Yotabilly's Tacoma Gallery
Intake

You won't get much a love for k&n or any "oiled" intakes around here. Most believe it'll dirty up your MAF sensors and more.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:46 AM   #4
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe View Post
Any Cold Air Intakes for a 2014 4 banger yet? Ive been looking around for an exhaust and cold air but yet to find any. Mainly want a cold air atm looked on K&n & Volant Nothing...
Hey Poe,

Someone has to tell you, so I guess it'll be me. The stock intake you already have is a good cold air intake. If you're going for aesthetics, then yes, the stock intake is fugly.

I wanted a simpler cleaner looking intake, and am not concerned about cold air so I got an Injen.

It sounds awesome.
This dyno video is with the stock exhaust so the sound you are hearing is all coming from the intake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6ofUy8_-6Q

They're cheap at only $225 with free shipping on ebay.
Greg
Old 07-05-2014, 01:19 PM   #5

Poe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
Hey Poe,

Someone has to tell you, so I guess it'll be me. The stock intake you already have is a good cold air intake. If you're going for aesthetics, then yes, the stock intake is fugly.

I wanted a simpler cleaner looking intake, and am not concerned about cold air so I got an Injen.

It sounds awesome.
This dyno video is with the stock exhaust so the sound you are hearing is all coming from the intake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6ofUy8_-6Q

They're cheap at only $225 with free shipping on ebay.
Greg
I think they sound mean and would give under the hood alittle better look i think. Looks nice on yours and sounds amazing!
Old 07-05-2014, 04:01 PM   #6
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe View Post
I think they sound mean and would give under the hood alittle better look i think. Looks nice on yours and sounds amazing!
That's all it's for... looks and sound, and doesn't add any performance. I just think it's neato.

Greg