Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Doug thorley

Old 04-14-2009, 10:03 AM   #1
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Doug thorley

Just made me a very happy camper. I bought a used set of headers that did not come with the bolts required for installation. I gave them a call hoping to get help to order the correct ones amd they ended up sending them out for free.

A big thumbs up to those guys!
Old 04-14-2009, 02:13 PM   #2
Taco0808 has a spectacular aura aboutTaco0808 has a spectacular aura aboutTaco0808 has a spectacular aura about
Taco0808's Tacoma Gallery
whose them.......?
Old 04-14-2009, 06:17 PM   #3
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
i assume hes talking about URD
Old 04-14-2009, 06:25 PM   #4
buyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nice

buyobuyo's Tacoma Gallery
Actually, it's more likely talking about Doug Thorley. http://www.dougthorleyheaders.com

URD is just one of their distributors.

Also, it's good to hear that they have good customer service. Not that I've ever actually heard anything bad. I want to get a their header for my truck at some point.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:27 PM   #5
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Ya I contacted URD who told me to call Thorely directly and this was the result!
Old 04-15-2009, 06:55 AM   #6
06dak will become famous soon enough06dak will become famous soon enough
06dak's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure to report what you notice with these... I have considered them for mine as well.

Oh, if you're the one who grabbed the used ones on here for cheap, than I hate you...
Old 04-15-2009, 07:07 AM   #7
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06dak View Post
Make sure to report what you notice with these... I have considered them for mine as well.

Oh, if you're the one who grabbed the used ones on here for cheap, than I hate you...
That would be him.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:14 AM   #8
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
hahah ok I wish i had access to a dyno
Old 04-15-2009, 11:59 AM   #9
sweater914 will become famous soon enough
sweater914's Tacoma Gallery
Is the header stainless or aluminum?
Old 04-15-2009, 12:02 PM   #10
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
It is chrome plated. You can get the ceramic for more
Old 04-15-2009, 12:11 PM   #11
INAKOMA08
InaKoma08 will become famous soon enoughInaKoma08 will become famous soon enough

InaKoma08's Tacoma Gallery
Gotta love Thorley!
Old 04-15-2009, 12:47 PM   #12
Mustache May
MacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of light

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Doug Thorley is really great.

The people I bought my headers from ordered the shortys the first time around, when I wanted the LTs. We called DT and they said that would take them back, no problem. So we shipped them back and reordered the LTs correctly.

Very satisfied.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:43 PM   #13
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
hey dgerm are you changing your pipe or muffler when you do the headers?
Old 04-15-2009, 01:46 PM   #14
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Not at this point. With the 2.7 there really isnt much advantage to a new pipe. I may eventually change out the muffler since I have a good welder here at tech.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:50 PM   #15
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
ive tried 2 mufflers already and both times went back to my stock, next step is changing headers . keep me posted and let me know how those work for your truck, cause im the verge of getting a v6 if those dont work very well
Old 04-15-2009, 01:51 PM   #16
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Ya, I know one muffler that will work great with headers so I will be looking for deals on one but probably not getting it any time soon
Old 04-15-2009, 01:54 PM   #17
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
which muffler are you speaking of here
Old 04-15-2009, 01:59 PM   #18
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
the dynomax super turbo or whatever its called. It pairs up with the headers very well. Also have you thought about a Y pipe. I was told they might be a better upgrade than the headers to begin with
Old 04-15-2009, 02:06 PM   #19
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
i didnt think the 2.7 have y-pipes, unless youre talking about the tri-y headers
Old 04-15-2009, 02:07 PM   #20
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
I thought the URD pipe bombs were made for them. I could be very wrong